Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT-Please pray for or send positive energy to my little sis and her preemie

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 280 Total Views

She was due in October and her water broke this a.m.  Benjamin Mark was born by C-Section this afternoon, has all his parts but is on oxygen in the nursery.  I don't know exactly what he weighs yet, but it's around 4.5 lbs.

With light and love.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:32 PM

That seems to be a pretty good weight.

This article was posted yesterday; perhaps there is something helpful in it.

CNN-Freedoms you'd lose in Obama Care
1. Freedom to choose what's in your plan
2. Freedom to be rewarded for healthy living, or pay your real costs
3. Freedom to choose high-deductible coverage
4. Freedom to keep your existing plan
5. Freedom to choose your doctors

Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Thanks chicka, you're one of my favorite posters here.  Yeah, turns out he's 4 lbs. 9 oz and though sporting IVs and in an oxygen tent, is reportedly "looking healthy."  I'm already back in to thinking that I hope her parents have paid attention to the vax info I've shared. 

Quoting happytexasCM:

That seems to be a pretty good weight.

This article was posted yesterday; perhaps there is something helpful in it.

With light and love.

monkeyberry
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Good thoughts and energy coming their way! 

Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Thank you!

Quoting monkeyberry:

Good thoughts and energy coming their way! 

With light and love.

FortuneMom125
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Hi. My name is Liza.  I too had my daughter two months premature.  She weighed 3lbs11oz. and was 17 inches long.  She was a very strong lit'l girl.  She was born at 7:15am and by the evening was off the oxygen.  She was in the NICU for 25 days.  And yes, they wanted to give my precious new lit'l girl her vaccinations but we refused them.  They didn't give me any grief about it at all.  My daugher is now 4 yrs old and is the healthiest child I have ever seen.  And also the happiest!! 

Liza Weber
Independent Consultant
Arbonne International
231-357-0105
lm12weber@gmail.com

healthywoman
by Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Sending your sisters baby and all the family happy thoughts and lots of prayers! angel

StarMommy77
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 12:09 AM

My DD was born at 25 weeks and weighed 1 pound 12 ounces, in 2006. We fought hard to avoid vaccines at 2 months and 2 pounds. 133 days in the NICU.

She is now 3 1/2 and doing well.. My preemie taught me patience and patience..:)

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:25 AM

My thoughts are with them!  My cousin was born at 25 weeks and weighed 1 lbs 15 oz at birth and she is now 24 and due with her own little one in 3 weeks :)

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziehomeschool.gif homeschool image by LMA1123beinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmd
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnStayathomemom.gif Stay At Home Mom image by jyearwood

HBAC_Mama
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Thinking of your sister and her little one, growing stronger!

ThinkTwice08
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:18 AM

Encourage your sister to spend as much time at the hospital as possible (24hrs if she can) and Breastfeed the baby. It will help immensly for the baby's development, and nurturing during this tender time. This happend to my cousins baby and they were amazed at how well the baby did once she insisted on BFing and staying with him the whole time! :) I will pray for the little guy!

Christian- Libertarian, NON-vaxing, Natural child birthing, Breastfeeding, Non-circumsizing, Earth- friendly, mom of  One Happy, Healthy baby boy! big smile mini

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who could not hear the music." -Angela Monet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)