Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

doc wakefield nbc NOW

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:34 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 248 Total Views

They are showing pieces of the interview that is supposed to play this weekend

For all of its proven PUBLIC health benefits, breastfeeding is a PERSONAL DECISION -- shooting your kid full of toxins, though, is a "social responsibility."

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jooshysmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Doc Offit makes me wanna smack his mug. He says it's Wakefields fault people doubt vax's and that all the recent deaths from the whooping cough could have been prevented if they were vaxed.uuggghhhhhh

For all of its proven PUBLIC health benefits, breastfeeding is a PERSONAL DECISION -- shooting your kid full of toxins, though, is a "social responsibility."

NesaGail
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:24 AM

I just put a post up to lol. I will prob. get upset watching  it but we'll see.

happytexasCM
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Um, when Wakefield first went public, the rate of MMR vaccination went down significantly -- though it has nearly increased to pre-Wakefield levels. Offit is a tool.

CNN-Freedoms you'd lose in Obama Care
1. Freedom to choose what's in your plan
2. Freedom to be rewarded for healthy living, or pay your real costs
3. Freedom to choose high-deductible coverage
4. Freedom to keep your existing plan
5. Freedom to choose your doctors

jooshysmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:40 AM

LOL Good for Doc Offit. I'm sure he will be happy his profits are up

jooshysmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 7:44 PM

THEY R MAKING HIM LOOK LIKE AN ASS-WAKEFIELD

jessw0129
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Ugh... that was quite frustrating to watch!

jessw0129
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM

They did do their best to make Wakefield look like an ass.

I love how society feels it's ok if a Dr. has to do trial and error on patients with synthetic drugs... and don't really pay attention to the consequences of that, but if a Dr. tries a natural or "unconventional" treatment and it doesn't work on all the patients people get up in arms and try to disprove him as a Dr.

I wish more people would do their own thorough research and not just blindly trust the media and other mainstream thoughtforms.

jooshysmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM

But Offit made it clear to discuss the WC thing again and didnt mention that some of the ones that got it, God forbid, where 7 yrs of age. The Vax had worn off who whoknows if it even took. Some of these kids were seen at the practice where I work. It upsets me bc for parents who are still on the fence they are prob saying see hun, they got WC and they werent vaccinated and one even died! With all the research we have done all this bs doesnt sway me a bit. I am sorry for the docs and the good they are trying to do. Also, they always say that Wakefield=mmr causes autism but I havent heard that from him. I hear him saying there is something here that needs to be looked into for I found A,B and C with autistic kids. And that court case that by the judge was ruled not in favor of the parents? Again, I am sure a judge is going to say something against the vaccines. Like HE is going to be the one to break all the rules. Gimmie a break. .There would be mayhem

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)