Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband sick~immune booster ?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 213 Total Views

My husband has a cold & ear infection.

Can both of us take echinacea, Vitamin C, & probiotics at the same time to help him get over it quicker and me not get it? He is also on 3 prescriptions for this. (1 for ear, 1 for bacterial infection/cold, 1 cough syrup)

And our toddler is taking her daily multivitamin, hyland's Vitamin C, & Florastor Probiotics.

I just want to make sure I am not doing anything wrong here. Is this all okay to take together?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Elderberry is a great immune system booster and for the ear garlic oil works better than any anti-biotic.

thMarried2MyBF.gif Married To My Best Friend image by luckylizziehomeschool.gif homeschool image by LMA1123beinformedvaxfree.gif Vax Free blinkie image by thirdtimecharmd
ToddlerRides.gif rear facing image by awntkmesshomeschool2.gif homeschooling mom image by niccuinnStayathomemom.gif Stay At Home Mom image by jyearwood

legalmom343
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:30 PM

THIS!  We got some homeopathic ear drops for my son and his ear infection cleared up within a matter of days.  That being said, 90% of adult ear infections are viral not bacterial so the anti-biotics might be doing more harm than good.  I would have him eat garlic and take whatever else is good for viral infections (not sure on this one.)

Quoting buzymamaof3:

Elderberry is a great immune system booster and for the ear garlic oil works better than any anti-biotic.

humanjunglegym
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I would 86 the cough syrup too except maybe if he can't sleep at night from the coughing.

scattycarrot
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Yep, that is all ok to take together. Are you taking Vit C or the buffered form, Sodium Ascorbate? SA is much more readily absorbed and will d a much better job at boosting the immune system and shortening illness.  SA is taken to bowel tolerance (eg, till it gives you loose stools and then you back off a bit.). the thing is when I am unwell, I have to take more and more SA as my body is using it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)