Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about Vaccines & Immunity...

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:53 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 304 Total Views

Does anyone have any articles or resources that explain how a person's body handles a virus that is comes into contact with AFTER a person has been vaccinated?

My understanding - from the little high school science and some guessing - is that you would still "catch" the virus and your body would (ideally according to vaccine proponents) kill it off without you having any serious symptoms. So you'd "catch it" and "carry it" but you wouldn't show symptoms.  At that point, you could still spread it to other people, though... right? 

I'm just wondering, because if that IS how vaccines are supposed to work (according to the people who make them) it doesn't really protect people who CAN'T be vaccinated (infants, elderly, sick) and would therefore technically be most vulnerable to having a severe reaction if they did catch the virus.

Does that make sense? Can anyone give me actual info and steer me in the right direction?

Mama Sue

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bingbong
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:21 AM

actually, you're pretty much right.  even the package inserts of some vaccines state that the vaccine does not prevent transmission of the virus.  I don't have a link but I think if you google vaccine package insert or something of the sort, you'll find this info.

jooshysmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:45 AM

I thought the only ones others could "catch" would be the live ones?

For all of its proven PUBLIC health benefits, breastfeeding is a PERSONAL DECISION -- shooting your kid full of toxins, though, is a "social responsibility."

MamaSueCongdon
by Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Yeah, I'm not talking about someone catching a virus from a person who has it because they got vaccinated. I'm talking about someone who had been vaccinated and then came in contact with the virus somewhere else.  I'm wondering what that person's body would do with the virus, and if the virus could still be transmitted to a third party.

Quoting jooshysmom:

I thought the only ones others could "catch" would be the live ones?

Mama Sue

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

NaturalMama1026
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 5:51 PM

I just watched a Dr. Sherri Tenpenny dvd again and she discussed this subject.  Vaccines are considered effective when the individual administered the vaccine develops antibodies.  In theory when exposed to the virus the immune system would mount a response and the virus wouldn't "take", I am not sure about communicability.  Unfortunately the CDC admits there is no scientific evidence to support that antibodies = immunity.  The problem lies in that somehow you do not get cellular immunity(real immunity)just from having antibodies.  You only get REAL immunity from getting the virus in a natural way and not with mercury and aluminum which are known to cause immune suppression.

I will try to find the MMRW paper online but if not I will find it on the video and repost.

Here is one site

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/antibody.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)