Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how is the swine flu shot different than the regular flu shot?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

• Hi ladies,

This concerns me, someone in another group of mine wrote this. I remember someone posted how swine flu was different the the normal flu shot. Can anyone tell me how? I really want to clear that up! 

This is what she wrote.

The swine flu is just another strain of the flu.  The vax for it is just going to be another flu shot.  Made the same way as all the others. 

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
healthywoman
by Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM

bump

katesmommy18
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Who wrote that?

i dont see how the vaccine should be any more different. maybe deadlier lol

kerry17
by Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 4:42 PM

They are using an adjuvant (chemical to stimulate the immune system) called Squalene (MF-59). This adjuvant is linked to the Gulf War Syndrome and is NOT approved by the FDA. Also, this vaccine is linked, more so than the regular flu shot to Gullian Barre Syndrome, a paralytic nerve disorder.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

carolasaya
by Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 4:47 PM
I have seen videos in YouTube talking about all this. I do not gave links right now but I know it's pretty easy to find info there. Good luck
scattycarrot
by Bronze Member on Sep. 9, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Quoting kerry17:

They are using an adjuvant (chemical to stimulate the immune system) called Squalene (MF-59). This adjuvant is linked to the Gulf War Syndrome and is NOT approved by the FDA. Also, this vaccine is linked, more so than the regular flu shot to Gullian Barre Syndrome, a paralytic nerve disorder.

Just FYI, the use of an adjuvant has not been approved in the US so the H1N1 vaccine (at this time) does NOT contain squalene. The European vaccine, however, does. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)