Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vitamins

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:04 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 365 Total Views

With the up coming flu season and all the H1N1 vax there has been a lot of talk about stocking up and using many different vitamins.  Vitamin A, D....I can't even keep it all straight!  lol.

I take a multi-vitamin and so does my DS.  What else should we be taking in addition without "overloading" our bodies with vitamins?  Is there such a thing as taking too many vitamins? 

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaydensMommy007
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:05 PM

I would recommend taking some probiotics as well 

~It only hurts when I'm breathing, my heart only breaks when it's beating, my dreams only die when I'm dreaming. So I hold my breath to forget.~

momnlovinit
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I actually got a great cold protocol from my son's DAN Dr. We all take a probiotic, multi vitamin, vita D3, vita C, once the onset of cold we take Vita A and zink and sambucus. there is so much out there to help keep us well. I have to say when we do get sick it usually is short term.

momoflilangel
by Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:53 PM

bump for me too!

amcknabb529
by New Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Quoting HaydensMommy007:

i am new to the idea of choosing not to vaccinate....so i have a ? what are probiotics?? plz dont bash me for not knowing! thanks

lutz617
by Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:05 PM

That seems like a lot of vitamins!    My son is going to be 2 in a few days and I just don't know what is too much.   I also don't think he'll sit there and take 10 different vitamins...lol. So I guess my question now is are there toddler vitamins out there that have all those and won't overload his system?  That protocol sounds awesome for me and my DH but sounds like a bit much for my son.  Also, are some brands "better" than others?  

Quoting momnlovinit:

I actually got a great cold protocol from my son's DAN Dr. We all take a probiotic, multi vitamin, vita D3, vita C, once the onset of cold we take Vita A and zink and sambucus. there is so much out there to help keep us well. I have to say when we do get sick it usually is short term.

HaydensMommy007
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:28 PM

lol, aww, dont be silly girl! Why would I bash you?! =)

Basically probiotics are "good" bacteria similar to those that your body makes naturally. They are good for treating and helping to prevent many illnesses

Quoting amcknabb529:

Quoting HaydensMommy007:

i am new to the idea of choosing not to vaccinate....so i have a ? what are probiotics?? plz dont bash me for not knowing! thanks

~It only hurts when I'm breathing, my heart only breaks when it's beating, my dreams only die when I'm dreaming. So I hold my breath to forget.~

kaylaw
by Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:53 AM

As long as you are giving whole food vitamins and not synthetic ones he should be fine. 

momnlovinit
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 6:45 AM

It seems like a lot but it is not. Probiotic is good bacteria so that you cannot over dose we just take 1 daily, multi vita take according to size, vita D3 is essential that is the vita D you get from the sun and heps with staying well that is 2 drops, Vita A, zink and sambucus are given from our Dr. and given by drops according to age. I am fortunate we got to 2 awsome Dr.s who practivce Homeopathic med along with conventional meds so we opt out of conventional whenever possible. There are better brands if you don't have a Dr. who is experienced with this go to a whole foods store and they have someone who works in the suppliment isle who should be able to help you.

Quoting lutz617:

That seems like a lot of vitamins!    My son is going to be 2 in a few days and I just don't know what is too much.   I also don't think he'll sit there and take 10 different vitamins...lol. So I guess my question now is are there toddler vitamins out there that have all those and won't overload his system?  That protocol sounds awesome for me and my DH but sounds like a bit much for my son.  Also, are some brands "better" than others?  

Quoting momnlovinit:

lutz617
by Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Cool!  I'm gonna go as soon as I can and get these!  Thanks!  And thanks to everyone else for your advice, it really helped this clueless mommy!  big smile mini

Quoting momnlovinit:

It seems like a lot but it is not. Probiotic is good bacteria so that you cannot over dose we just take 1 daily, multi vita take according to size, vita D3 is essential that is the vita D you get from the sun and heps with staying well that is 2 drops, Vita A, zink and sambucus are given from our Dr. and given by drops according to age. I am fortunate we got to 2 awsome Dr.s who practivce Homeopathic med along with conventional meds so we opt out of conventional whenever possible. There are better brands if you don't have a Dr. who is experienced with this go to a whole foods store and they have someone who works in the suppliment isle who should be able to help you.

Quoting lutz617:

Quoting momnlovinit:

XxPixiesworldxX
by Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 10:21 AM

I was actually going to go out tonight to find some probiotics for my daughter, I currently take a prenatal which i will continue to take after my son is born- which will be very soon, since I will be breastfeeding.

Does anyone know if Probiotics are okay to take while nursing?

Also, are any vitamins NOT ok to combine? Im not getting my son the vit K shot so I was going to start a vit K suppliment after he's born so he'll get that through my milk.

So anyone think vit k, prenatal, and a probiotic are ok to take while nursing and all at once? hmmm

Breastfeeding, non CIO, co-sleeping, NON-Circ, non-vaxing, homeschooling, organic green living, animal loving, free to be you and me single young momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)