Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first trip this summer since a kid........

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:03 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 249 Total Views

heading to CA this summer, clearly hitting disneyland, also want to hit sea world, knotts berry farm, and possibly legoland.

My biggest question, is where to eat in disneyland, and are there extra magic hours if you stay on property?  I know they only have two hotels, but do they work with any others? 

My kids will be 8, 7, 5 and 2. 

Advice, thoughts, tips???

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jakobsmommy
by Member on Jan. 13, 2010 at 12:05 AM

sorry I didn't eat inside the park....but you should go to San Diego zoo too........see the baby panda

antoinettecd
by Member on Jan. 14, 2010 at 3:35 PM

okay...eating all depends on budget and what you and your children like...for example we love mexican food so we eat at this restaurant THAT I STILL DONT KNOW THE NAME OF although we have eaten there 20+ times..lol... it is directly to the left of the castle tho towards frontierland...can't miss it. anyways they give u huge burritos and beans and rice..or enchiladas and carne asada and for the holidays they had tamales..all plates are around $10-$13..they give you plates to go but its like a counter service. I think its a bang for your buck in disney...

They actually have 3 hotels now. Grand Californian, Disneyland hotel, and Paridise Pier. They have "morning Madness which is..if the park opens at 8am..you can come at 7am and enjoy tomorrowland and mickeys toontown...you can take advantage of that by staying at one of the hotel on property, one of the good neighbor hotels (there are at least 15-20 of them), OR buying your ticket through AAA. Hope that helps!

preview image

alecia6697
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I was going to suggest the Mexican place too!!! lol but the one we ate at alot was in Downtown Disney. Gosh we loved it and it was fairly cheap!!!

For breakfast, we ate at the Rainforest Cafe alot because it was cheap and they gave you alot. We ate dinner there once and it was expensive, packed, and not the greatest.

We tried the pizza place in Downtown Disney... it was delicious but extremely expensive!!!!

Goofy's Kitchen was amazing! We ate there one morning and our DD loved it! All the characters walk around and visit while you eat... plus it's a buffett and the food was pretty good. It was a little expensive but not bad for all you get.

CafeMom Tickers

pregnant

crazylena
by Member on Feb. 16, 2010 at 9:05 AM

We'll be there this summer too.  We were there 4 years ago but I don't remember much about the restaraunts.  Where is the Goofy's kitchen located? 

alecia6697
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Goofy's Kitchen is actually outside of the actual park. It's in the bottom floor of the Disneyland Hotel. It is awesome and so much fun for little kids!

Quoting crazylena:

We'll be there this summer too.  We were there 4 years ago but I don't remember much about the restaraunts.  Where is the Goofy's kitchen located? 

CafeMom Tickers

pregnant

crazylena
by Member on Feb. 17, 2010 at 9:28 AM

we don't have any little kids but will be there to celebrate my son's graduation and his birthday.  Goofy's kitchen sounds fun.  Thanks.  :)

caseyloo
by on Feb. 18, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Usually if you stay on property you will get one early entry into the park.  I think that goes for all 3 hotels.

We love to eat at Bengal BBQ for a quick lunch or snack. We also like to have lunch at the bakery at Downtown Disney, they have great paninnis.  And last time we were there we ate at the new all u can eat BBQ place behind frontier land, by the petting zoo.  They do a show along with dinner, but it is always packed so if you want to go there go early and put your name down.  We usually eat breakfast in New Orleans Square, but last time we did Minnie's breakfast which was great but really expensive.  Goofy's Kitchen was good and we ate at the steakhouse at the disneyland hotel.  It was amazing!

I hope you have a great trip.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)