Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went to Calif Advent. today, it scorching HOT!!!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:20 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 197 Total Views

It was awesome. Got there at 10 am went on Roaring Rapids to cool off, twice, Mullholland Madness 1x, Evan went 3x. Stopped for a snack. And left by 12:45 and still damp. People looked miserable, some wearing jeans, kids looked red as a tomato.

I felt sorry for those who were on vacation and had to stay there all day. It was just crazy hot!!

I was upset at one lady who was waiting to get in. Her 2 year old was crying and had a horrible horrible Croup cough!!!!! It was so bad that people were staring. She was infront of me and I told her to be careful, that it didn't sound good. She said he had gotten sick the night before and she put him in a misty bathroom. She assured me that she was a nurse and knew to keep an eye on him.

I was burning mad inside. I wanted to give her a piece of my mind. A child that sick had no business out in that kind of heat. Not only was he at risk for getting worse, but he was infecting tons of other people. OOHH I was so bothered by seeing this. (just venting)

Other than that my son had a blast!!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Meg_the_Mermaid
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:59 AM

It was 110 here today...record heat! Nuts. Seeing people in jeans on a hot day like this drives me crazy, lol...I don't know how they can stand it.

And I totally agree with you about the sick child. It bothers me when people take their children out while they are CLEARLY very sick and contagious. Not only does the child need to REST, but then they are out getting other people sick also. My daughter has a weak immune system and I am constantly fighting germs and illnesses away from her!

Momof3smoochies
by New Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 4:29 AM

We've been to the park during record breaking heat. It was horrible. So we decided to have some fun and kept splashing each other with water bottles. Anyway, I feel sorry for that little kid. With the whooping cough pandemic we've been having she should've been more concerned.

antoinettecd
by Member on Sep. 30, 2010 at 9:10 AM
Ugh..I was watching ellen and she said it was around 114 at burbank studios..first thing I thought of was DL..lol but it seems like u guys had fun..

And totally agree with you about the poor kid..that cough hurts you inside to even hear it..ugh horrible..DL is not worth your childs well-being..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)