Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calendar of events/hours of operation

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 3:17 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 262 Total Views

I'm planning my trip for April (just around the corner) and no one at Disney can tell me what the hours of operation are for the days I'm going or if there will be fireworks/parades those days. I'm a little irritated as I'm traveling out of state and it will be my daughter's birthday and I want her to experience everything (fireworks, parades, etc). We chose to go Mon - Wed as we thought the crowds wouldn't be so bad as the weekend but if I'm going to miss out I want to change my reservations. I apologize but I needed to vent.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."

by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wvnative
by Member on Feb. 20, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Crud! I had a nice long reply all typed and then my PC glitched and I lost it.

I understand your frustration. We're 34 days out and they just recently posted info for our trip. It looks like only the Feb and March calendars are up. If you'll be there before Easter, expect longer open hours due to spring break crowds. The earliest closing the last weekend in March is 11 pm and that's on a Thursday.

As for entertainment; with many thanks to MasterGracey of micechat for posting and updating a refurb progress thread (you can see it here http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/101817-disneyland-project-tracker.html) we can see that the repaving of Main St is due to be completed the end of March. The Celebration Street Parade will be unveiled then. Fantasmic will go down for upgrade sometime in March and will not be relaunched til June. On April 1, the new BBQ back there by/at Woody's Roundup (I think) reopens with the Celebrate theme. I've not heard about the fireworks.

I've heard rumors that the Electric Light Parade will be running in DCA on high capacity weekends. Pixar Play Parade is still running over there as well.

charmama4
by Member on Feb. 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM

We aren't going til mid May and we're coming from out of state also, so I feel your pain.  BUT, it's Disneyland!!!!!  There's going to be plenty of things to do, new shows, new rides so I wouldn't worry and when the calendar does come out rest assured there will be plenty of time to plan. Don't let disappointment rule your vacation.  It's a magical place no matter what and you'll still have an amazing time!!

Tracelene
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Last year they had the calendar up 4 months in advance, so not sure why they are not posting it further out right now.  I know it's SO hard to wait for it, espeically when you want to plan and be prepared. 

~Tracy~

My Disney Forum: www.mymickeytrip.com

My Game/hobby Forum: www.escapecorner.com

caseyloo
by Member on Feb. 21, 2009 at 12:20 AM

We will be going in either april or may and we are driving in from Vegas.  I was just wondering where everyone else is coming in from?

charmama4
by Member on Feb. 21, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Wyoming.  That's one of the things we will *celebrate*.   We will celebrate my husbands service to our country, the health of our 4 kids and getting out of Wyoming (even if for a week,LOL).

Quoting caseyloo:

We will be going in either april or may and we are driving in from Vegas.  I was just wondering where everyone else is coming in from?

wvnative
by Member on Feb. 23, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Quoting caseyloo:

We are just SE of Phoenix.

caseyloo
by Member on Feb. 24, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Quoting wvnative:

Quoting caseyloo:

We are just SE of Phoenix.

We are coming to phoenix in March, well Goodyear really.  We'll be there for some spring training games.

wvnative
by Member on Feb. 25, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Hehe.. pretty much my whole office will be at the Angels Dbacks game on March 20th. Which team(s) are you coming down to see?

It's kinda cool. I get lots of OT the second week of March. My kid is out of school for Spring Break so I can come in earlier. Then we have a meeting the afternoon of the 19th, a half day for the ball game on the 20th. Then I work two full days the 23rd and 24th and I am offically on vacation come noon on the 25th. I think I'll spend that morning clearing my desk, setting up my out of office, and stocking the vending machines. lol

By the way, the Disney hours and schedules are up through April 7th if you actually search the particular days. Still no monthly calendar for April yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)