Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Story - Isabelle Eva is here - July 21

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2010 at 2:08 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 277 Total Views

Birth Story – Isabelle Eva Faris

Isabelle was due on July 20, 2010. Around 11:30 PM that night I began having contractions, strong and hard. We called the hospital and they told us to wait until they were 3-5 minutes apart and at least 1 minute long each time for 2 hours straight… well, they already were so we sat and waited. About an hour and 45 minutes later I couldn’t stand it anymore and Matthew called the hospital back and they said to come on in. We called the family to let them know what was happening and we went straight down to the hospital. We got there around 2:30 AM. They hooked me up to monitors and confirmed I was in active labor and had already gotten to 5 cm. No wonder I was in so much pain! I had terrible back labor that would make me stop in my tracks and not be able to move or speak or breathe even. Due to the pain my blood pressure was high so they had to wait for my blood work to get back before I could get the epidural. They got me transferred to a birthing suite and we waited. FINALLY they came back and gave me some pain killers then shortly thereafter I got the epidural. She checked me again and I was already at 7 cm after only a couple of hours. She checked me again around 9 AM and I was at 10 cm already. She decided to let me wait so Isabelle could labor down a bit more on her own before I began pushing so I wouldn’t have to push for three hours. Around 10 AM it was time to start pushing. My contractions decided to stop coming regularly at that point so I had to push without them which made it a little harder but at 10:31 AM Isabelle Eva was born and made us the proudest parents in the world. I only labored for about 11 hours or so but it was intense and such an experience. They kept telling me to expect labor to last at least 20 hours as a first time mom. HA! That wasn’t the case here. Isabelle wanted to be born and she was coming in her own time! Isabelle is completely healthy and weighed 7 pounds 2 ½ ounces and was 19 ¾ inches long. She has dirty blonde hair and the biggest blue eyes you’ve ever seen. She is simply gorgeous and we love her so much! We did get it on video which is amazing to see and brings me to tears. I am recovering well, there was a lot of tearing but all in all it was a pretty perfect birth. She was placed directly on my chest immediately after being born so I was the first person who got to hold my baby girl. After an hour or so they took her and cleaned her up and let her daddy hold her. It was the first time Matthew had ever held a baby. He’s a natural. A little while later our family was allowed to come in to meet the newest Faris girl. Love at first site for everyone J

by on Jul. 30, 2010 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Firsttimemom252
by Member on Jul. 31, 2010 at 7:29 AM
Congrats!She a cutie
ASmomofQman
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2010 at 3:40 PM

She is just a doll. Congrats mama!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)