Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just foud out II'm pregnant, need all advice

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:43 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 324 Total Views
It's my first, so I'm terrified, wasn't realy ready for it, but excited, still getting used to the idea of being a mom. I don't have insurance yet, will have it in about a month or 2, when I start my new job. I've been reading a lot about nutrition and vitamins, so I'm ready on that fron, gonna try to see a doctor if I can get some kind of sliding scale. I've been having pains in lower abdomen, that feel like premenstrual cramps, is that usual. Also I've been feeling realy tired and my limbs feel numb some times, is that common? Also what kind of exercises should I avoid or does anyone have any sugestions on special exercises, dieting, and any other advice?
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:47 AM
I had really bad crimpling cramps the first month and a half so it can be normal.  But if dont have insurence ask the state for assistance because the doctors were very concerned about my cramping.
by Group Owner on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:08 AM
by Member on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:21 AM
i can give you 2 pieces of advice...  DONT DIET !!  i mean, dont "diet" like you would if you want to loose weight.  but watching what you eat and things like that are good.  because you dont want to gain like 80 pounds !!  im 6 months today and ive only gained about 12 pounds total.  but if you have cravings, satisfy them... but in moderation.  just because your "eating for 2" doesnt mean you have to pig out and eat more than normal.  just eat untill you're full and you will be fine.  the other piece of advice is if you have a cat DO NOT clean out the litter box !!!  this is VERY improtant because it can hurt your baby.  so be careful !!  
congradulations and welcome !!!

by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 9:20 AM
Well first off Congratulations!  The cramps are normal unless bleeding follows...Make sure you get started right away on prenatal vitamins you can buy these over the counter just about just have to make sure that the kind you buy has the vitamins you and your baby need.  My next piece of advice is buy "What to expect when expecting"  I live by that book and it has been my pregnancy bible!   It is definately worth the money, besides WE are here for you whats great is that most of us have just experienced certain symptoms or feelings within the recent past since the group is called pregnant with your first so it should be fresh to our brains!   Good Luck to you and enjoy this awesome time (for most)

Oh another thing like the first Mama said you can apply with your state for temporary insurance, actually I did that and it turned out to be the best care I have ever received!  You should be able to go to your local hospital to the financial assistance or you can look it up online.  It might be medicaid.  But anyways it could take a while for your insurance to kick in so its good to have a back up and when it does kick in all you have to do is cancel the other.   The great part is, you will get approved right away because you are pregnant!  Usually you dont get your first visit until your about 8 weeks....Have you done any calculations?
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:04 AM
Welcome to the Hell that's well worth the pain. Cramps are normal, pain is inevitable, you won't be able to stomach anything.... But there is a time for about 2 months that you feel normal in the second trimester, then it turns into round ligament pain, stomach muscle cramps and the baby kicking. You won't even notice the first kicks. They feel like the flutter of butterfly wings and most women think they're gas. Oh and as for that... any normal body functions like burping or bowel movements are officially out of your control, they will happen when they want to happen- no sooner, NO LATER. You will pee... a LOT. You will find yourself drawn to salad more than fastfood... follow your cravings, but keep it in moderation, you are eating for ONE not two. The baby takes from you yes, but not sold food. Make the food you eat count! Fruits, vegetable, properly cooked meat, the occasion small amount seafood, and do take your prenatal vitamins, they'll help you with your fatigue.. they make you nauseous as hell but take them before you go to bed and you'll sleep through it... for the first few months at least. Try to find a way to sleep on your side and get used to it, you will eventually be too uncomfortable to sleep at all soon enough.

Morning sickness is a lie- it's all day sickness.

Don't stand too long or get up too fast. If your body is telling you something LISTEN. If you feel faint, sit down, preferably near a toilet because there's a very good chance you will projectile vomit soon. Drinks heavy in syrups , such as some vitamin waters will make you VERY ill. Try to limit caffeine early so you get used to coping without it. Start shopping for baby stuff now! Cribs (the convertable crib is a good investment because it turns into toddler bed then a big kid bed and lasts for years!) Gender Neutral Onsies, DIAPERS! Start stocking up now so you're not blind sided later. Try not to wear heels, they're more trouble than they're worth.

Keep track of your weeks once you know when they are. From there you can track your child's progress with e-mail info from websites like and all that jazz. It's interesting to know when you're baby is the size of an Onion and what they might be doing in there all day... That they could be dreaming or simply listenning to your voice, they do that.

Please for your own sanity, don't watch the news! Don't read anything on abortion or child or even animal abuse. Your hormones are going to have you running through the ringer as it is and take it from my experience- those topics can devastate your emotions. Especially the pictures.

Ok that's long enough as it is. I'm still in the 16th week of my 1st pregnancy so I'm still learning but that's what I've experienced so far. If you need more specifics feel free to ask me questions as they come to you.

by Group Owner on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)