Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pumping questions

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 354 Total Views

Hello All

I gave birth to my daugheter on the 21st.  I have had a lot of problems getting her to latch and since i am going back to work after 6 weeks ( i wish i did not have to)  i decided to pump.  I got my colostrum ans self expressed that in the hospital.  I went one day at home without pumping because i had to wait to buy a pump.  when i pumped today i only got 10 ml. that is between both breast 10 minutes each. 

I was wondering how much women should be able to pump out after a week.  any adive or help would be appreciated.  also how often can you or should you pump.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Juniper53098
by on Jun. 30, 2010 at 11:25 PM

I never pumped that soon, so I don't know how much you should expect.  I'm guessing that your milk hadn't come in yet, when you posted this.  I recommend that you keep trying to get your baby to latch.  That should be your 1st priority.  The more bottles you give early on, the harder time you'll have nursing.  If you're concerned that she's not getting enough milk, use an SNS system.  That will help to avoid the nipple confusion.  I wouldn't give her a bottle until about 1 wk before you go back to work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)