Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mothers Milk Plus

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:32 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 350 Total Views

I'm breast feeding my son. He is only 3 weeks old. I feel like I'm not making enough milk so I did some searching on the web and found this product called Mothers Milk Plus. Its' all natural and I read the reviews and i didn't find anything bad about it. Well I ordered it and its still not here. But any how, how many of you took this and did it work for you?? Thanks

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:34 PM

I've never tried the mother's milk plus, so I can't help there.  But, why do you think you don't have enough?  Have you done diaper counts?  If your baby is wetting/pooping 6 times/day, he is getting plenty.  Newborns nurse OFTEN.  Cluster feeding is completely normal and is how your milk supply builds.

June

Nascar Girls-owner

amanda_simmons
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:48 PM

In the begining I could pump and breast feed him. I had to pump and let him eat about an ounce or 2 from the bottle then put him to the breast. Sometimes he doesnt want the breast at all no matter what I try. Well now I have been having to use nasty formula because i cant pump enough. He also prefers one breast over the other, I honestly cant get him to nurse from my right side. I got the vitamins to help my milk supply and to have them as a back up really. I was not able to breast feed my oldest daughter and I want nothing more then to breast feed my son and I will do whatever it takes...my husband and I both want our son to be breast fed for obvious reasons.

Juniper53098
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:00 PM

That explains a lot.  It is not a SUPPLY issue.  It is nipple confusion.  I recommend that he get NO MORE BOTTLES!!!!  When he is hungry, he will eat.  It will be tough for a little while, because it is easier to drink from a bottle than from the breast, but he will give in.  Offer the breast every 1/2 hr until he starts nursing well.  I know women who've spent the weekend in bed with the baby so he can nurse whenever he wants to.

June

owner         Nascar Girls
                    Breastfeeding Working Moms

admin        Discussing the Word of God
                    Moms with Kids in Early Intervention
                    I Fight Like a Girl.....Against Cancer
                   Cloth Diapering
                   Madtown Mamas

amanda_simmons
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:23 PM

I never thought to try that. See, when he left the hospital he lost weight normal i know, but he didnt gain any a few days after. He didnt eat for almost 2 days. I went to the pediatrician and he told me to do the bottle thing, but i guess i have been doing it long enough and his weight gain is amazing. Thanks

Juniper53098
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I would also call a lactation consultant to help get him started.  You may need a nipple shield to get him to latch if he's been using a bottle.

Please realize that a lot of drs push formula instead of breast.  The AAP recommends breast in almost EVERY case, including weight issues.  So, your dr should have recommended the lactation consultant instead of a bottle when your DS didn't eat.

I hope this helps.  If I can help in any other way, please feel free to PM me.

June

Nascar Girls-owner

H696969
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:00 AM

I saw this really cool tool that you can use while breast feeding. It is made by medela and it is a tube that goes from a bottle to your baby. What you do is you put your milk in the bottle and put the end of the tube next to your nipple. (Works best in a shield) As the baby sucks on your breast he is getting milk from both your breast and the tube. It helps to keep the baby interested because it allows for an even flow of milk and also helps your body produce more milk because the baby is on the breast too and it stimulates your body. If you see a nurse for help they might offer this. Good Luck!!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Juniper53098
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:01 AM

It is an SNS system.  Good idea!!!

Quoting H696969:

I saw this really cool tool that you can use while breast feeding. It is made by medela and it is a tube that goes from a bottle to your baby. What you do is you put your milk in the bottle and put the end of the tube next to your nipple. (Works best in a shield) As the baby sucks on your breast he is getting milk from both your breast and the tube. It helps to keep the baby interested because it allows for an even flow of milk and also helps your body produce more milk because the baby is on the breast too and it stimulates your body. If you see a nurse for help they might offer this. Good Luck!!

amanda_simmons
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Quoting H696969:

I have actually heard of that and I used it with my oldest daughter, where can I get one though...and thanks for the idea I forgot all about that

H696969
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Here is a website that will give you Medela dealers in your area. I don't know if they will carry the SNS product. http://medela.findlocation.com/

I would also check  with your hospital or breastfeeding consultants too. The one I saw was given to the mommy at our breastfeeding support group at the hospital. Good Luck!!!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

amanda_simmons
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 12:34 PM

After some hard work with my son he is fully on the breast!! I no longer have to give him a bottle to calm down enough so i can breast feed him. I'm proud of the progress my son and I have made together. it has been 2 weeks since he has had a bottle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)