Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New and scared for him!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:08 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

My boyfriend was just diagnosed on Friday with focal glomerulosclerosis, which is what Alonso Mourning of the Miami Heat basketball team had. Yet the doctors told him it was kidney cancer and he had a tumor on his kidney. From what I've read about it, the two seem unrelated Does anyone know anything about this disease. They started some kind of drug treatments on him yesterday and it's not supposed to have the hair loss, nausea and other side effects as chemo. I am so worried about him!

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
txmom92
by Group Owner on Mar. 9, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Did the doctor give your bf any pamplets or info to read? The best thing to do is get as much info as you can.  Start asking the dr. as many questions as you can think of. Seek the answers. Hopefully someone here can help as well.

dncnmom
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Unfortunately, as I am not related, I would not be able to get any info out of the doctors. Not to mention that Kenny will not let me come see him in the hospital...his family is there, whom I have not met, and he doesn't want me to meet them under these circumstances. Plus he hates anyone having to see him in the hospital and weak. I don't claim to understand this at all, but I have to honor his wishes and not stress him out any more than he already is. I hate it, though. I ask him questions and he doesn't know the answers...he trusts his doctors and doesn't ask too many questions. If I were there they would be bombarded with questions. But his mom is a nurse so I'm trusting that she will be his liason.

Now they say they want to do another biopsy to test for something else that it might be! Why wouldn't they have done that with the first biopsy instead of putting him thru that pain again?? Plus they have been treating him for 3 days now based on what they said it was at first! I feel so damned helpless...

Quoting txmom92:

Did the doctor give your bf any pamplets or info to read? The best thing to do is get as much info as you can.  Start asking the dr. as many questions as you can think of. Seek the answers. Hopefully someone here can help as well.

txmom92
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2009 at 8:50 AM

It sounds as though the doctor still isn't quite sure what is wrong. I'm sorry to hear that your bf doesn't want you to be by his side during all this. If his family could see you standing by his side right now, I would think it would make a good impression with them. Hang in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)