Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY INTRO

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 4:01 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 408 Total Views

HELLO EVERYONE
MY NAME IS ROBIN I LIVE IN TENNESSEE WITH HUBBY OF 20 YEARS AND TWO SONS ANTHONY AND JOEY. I HAVE NEUROFIBROMATOSIS AND IT IS TUMORS ON THE NERVES. JOEY HAS IT ALSO AND HAS A LEARNING DISABILITY. I WAS IN THE USAF FOR 8 YEARS AND GOT OUT ON A MEDICAL RETIREMENT. I GOT MIGRAINES WHILE I WAS IN THE AIR FORCE AND PREGNANCIES CAUSE THE NEUROFIBORMATOSIS TO GET WORSE. IT WAS THE HORMONE CHANGES. AFTER THE USAF I GOT CANCER AND THEN LATER GOT A TUMOR ON MY PANCREAS WHICH DOC WILL NOT REMOVE. I HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE TUMOR BLOCKING MY INTESTINES AND THEY RESITUATED MY INTESTINES SO THEY WONT BE BLOCK AND ALSO REMOVE A TUMOR AND MY OVARIES. I ALSO HAVE SWELLING ON MY SPNAL NERVES WHICH I TOOK NARCS FOR PAIN. FROM 1999 TIL 2005 I WAS DOING OK WITH THE PAIN OTHER THEN THE OTHER PROBLEMS. THE METHADONE WASN'T HELPING THE PAIN SO I WANTED TO TRY A NEW MEDICINE THAT CAME OUT CALL OPANA WELL I HAD A BAD REACTION TO IT AND ALMOST COMMITED SUICIDE. DURING ALL THIS TIME MY HUSBAND HAD FIBROMYALGIA AND MANY OTHER PROBLEMS AND WAS OUT OF WORK FOR TWO YEARS AND FINALLY IN JAN 06 GOT DISABILITY. I WENT INTO THE HOSPITAL FOR DEPRESSION AND SUICIDAL THOUGHTS AND THEN THEY TOOK ME OFF THE OPANA AND NOW I LIVE WITH PAIN BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT GIVE ME NO OTHER NARCS. I SPENT 9 DAYS IN THE HOSPITAL TAKING THERAPY. THEN WHEN I GOT OUT I TOOK 18 DAYS OF OUTPATIENT THERAPY. I WENT FROM 9AM TIL 330PM EVERY DAY. THIS WAS DURING THE HOLIDAYS BUT WE DID GET CHRISTMAS OFF. I GRADUATED THE 29TH OF DECEMBER AND STILL GO TO SUPPORT GROUPS TWICE A WEEK AND A AA GROUP ONCE A WEEK. IN MY SMALL TOWN THERE IS NOT ALOT OF GROUPS SO I GO TO AA INSTEAD OF NA. ITS BASICALLY THE SAME AND ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT WAS ALCOHOLICS TRY DRUGS TO. SO THAT IS WHERE I'M AT NOW GOING TO GROUPS AND SEEING DOCS AGAIN. I DON'T GO SEE THE DOC THAT GAVE ME NARCS MY HUSBAND DOESN'T WANT ME TO. I SEE A THERAPIST AND PSYCHIATRIST NOW AND ALSO MY PRIMARY DOCTOR. THE METHADONE CAUSE ME TO HAVE 15 CAVITIES SO I'M GOING TO GET THEM FIX. NOT COUTING THE TWO HE HAD TO PULL WHILE I WAS IN OUTPATIENT THERAPY. SO I GUESS THATS ENOUGH. WHILE I WAS IN REHAB THINGS CAME OUT ABOUT MY LIFE THAT I THOUGHT WOULD STAY WITH ME FOREVER AND I GOT TO DEAL WITH THEM. MY HUSBAND IS GREAT SUPPORT INCLUDING MY KIDS AND DIL. MY MOM IS GREAT AND ALWAYS THERE WHEN SHE IS NOT TAKING CARE OF GRANDMA. MY DAD IS ANOTHER STORY HE IS A ALCOHOLIC SO WE DON'T TALK MUCH BUT HE DID COME AROUND WHEN I WAS SICK IN THE HOSPITAL AND IT REALLY SUPPOSEDLY UPSET HIM BECAUSE OF WHAT HAPPEN. I HAVEN'T TALK TO HIM IN TWO WEEKS BUT I GUESS I NEED TO CALL HIM. WELL I GUESS I BORE YOU ENOUGH. I DO TRY TO GO TO CHURCH THE LAST TWO WEEKS I WENT TO CHURCH AND I MISS IT BEFORE FOR ABOUT TWO YEARS. TODAY I DIDN'T GO BECAUSE I HAD A MIGRIANE BUT I DO PLAN ON GOING NEXT SUNDAY I HOPE. WELL ENOUGH I DON'T WANT TO BORE YOU. GLAD TO BE PART OF THE GROUP AND EXCITED ABOUT MEETING YOU ALL. I DO BELIEVE IN GOD AND HE HAS BEEN PART OF MY LIFE ALL MY LIFE. I WOULDN'T GET THROUGH ALL THIS WITHOUT HIM.
ROBIN

by on Mar. 4, 2007 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
roni14
by Group Owner on Mar. 18, 2007 at 2:35 PM

Glad you joined the group! You also, have a handful. I know I wouldn't get through this disease with the man upstairs either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)