Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Entertaining the thought of moving to Alaska

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2010 at 11:08 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 368 Total Views

Hello,

Me and my husband just started talking about a very possible move to Ketchikan possibly sometime next year. My mother in law would also be moving with us, she loves Alaska just in general. I'm doing alot of research on the Ketchikan area, even looking at house prices because if we decided to move there we would definate buy a house instead of renting. We are also planning 2 seperate trips to check out the area. Me and my husband want to visit during the colder season to see what it's like and then were going to plan a trip for me, hubby, mother in law and our kids during May or June next year. We're not the type to shy away from colder weather, we abosulutely love the outdoors, especially fishing.

I'm just wondering if anyone could just give me any information about the area if they happen to live there or lived there in the past. Wether you liked it or not. My mother in law says that you either love it or you hate it lol. Just anything you would like to tell me would be awesome, maybe any sites that you think might be useful, I'd appreciate it.

Shawna

by on Oct. 25, 2010 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Roadfamily6now
by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 1:44 AM

what draws you to the Ketchikan area?

I have never been there but I hear they have a birth center.

SchroederSays
by on Oct. 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Just a town my husband told me to google last week lol My mother in law says its a pretty nice town also. I've looked at tons of photos of that area and been reading up on what I can find on Ketchikan and seems likes a great area, a bit touristy yes but no on says we have to live right in town. We'd plan on finding a house on the out skirts of town if we have our way lol. I don't know about a birthing center. I'm not worried about that cause we're not having anymore kids, have 3 between us lol.

Roadfamily6now
by on Oct. 27, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Ketchikan can only be accessed via Plane or Ferry. Are you okay with that type of isolation?

SchroederSays
by on Oct. 28, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Oh yah we've talked about that quite a few times, don't bother use one bit. I've even checked into ferry prices and all that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)