Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cold weather clothing piog

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:43 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 209 Total Views

Hello ladies. We will be moving to AK in November and I have been looking online for clothing for us. Now from my research it states that I should definately get clothing with a temp rating of -65!! I have asked mothers in other groups where do they get their and their childrens clothing and some have said they have bought snowsuits from JCP, hats and gloves from Wally World, now my question to you ladies is if it does not state a temp rating then it would not be suitable for Alaskan winter right? Has my research on Ak made me a paranoid mother? Where do you ladies buy your clothing if you get it online? lol Thanks for your help ladies..

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Shortmommy
by Group Admin on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:19 PM

you can buy things that don't have a temp rating but they are not as good as ones that do. My daughter used gloves and snowpants from walmart etc. last year and as long as they are not out too long they work. but if you plan to have them outside for longer then an hour or so I would get the better stuff. I know I like the temp rated stuff for myself. yes it does get could but it could be colder. where in AK are you moving to?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

uniquelynoone
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 10:43 AM

We are moving to Ft Wainwright and I am told that they have to go outside everyday unless the temp gets below -25 or 30 I think and so that is why I am freaking out about how to dress them. I am from the south and am in no way accustomed to such cold weather.

Shortmommy
by Group Admin on Sep. 10, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I would go with the warmest clothes possible for the kids. It does get cold in fairbanks at least that is what I hear. I live in wasilla. Still gets cold just not as cold as Fairbanks. but it is really nice there in the summer.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)