Evacuation & Pregnancy:
An information guide for moms-to-be and their families
BEFORE YOU GO:
- ask your doctor for the name & phone number of a doctor where you are going to travel
- take a copy of your health record with you
- be careful when packing to evacuate not to life heavy items. Ask for help from family or friends to pack anything weighing more than 20 pounds.
ON THE ROAD:
- Bring a traveling companion. This way you can take turns driving & get rest in between. You will also have help with you if an emergency arises.
- Take time to eat. A balanced & healthy diet during your trip will boost your energy & keep you feeling good. Be sure to get plenty of fiber to ease constipation, a common travel (and pregnancy) problem.
- Don't take any medication not prescribed to you. Don't take any medicine- including motion-sickness pills, laxatives, diarrhea remedies, or sleeping pills- before checking with your doctor.
For more information on City of New Orleans emergency preparedness & evacuuation:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
There are no replies to this post.