Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

APRIL IS WORLD AUTISM AWARENESS

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 144 Total Views

ok, its a little late but its still April & thought some moms may be interested in this topic so post away!

APRIL 2ND IS WORLD AUTISM AWARENESS DAY

wautism1.gif - 5.7 K

APRIL IS AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH

If I could read your mind..........
MY NAME IS JOHN. I AM 7 YEARS OLD AND I AM AUTISTIC. BEFORE AGE 2 I WAS DEVELOPING NORMALLY, MEETING MY MILESTONES, CRAWLING, WALKING, TALKING,ETC. AFTER I TURNED 2 SOMETHING HAPPENED AND MY DEVELOPMENT SLOWED AND IN THE CASE OF MY LANGUAGE STOPPED.

MOMMY, DADDY AND GRANDMA BECAME CONCERNED AND TOOK ME TO A DR. WHERE I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PDDNOS. LATER I WENT TO UVA WHERE THEY DIAGNOSED ME WITH AUTISM. I ALSO STARTED PRESCHOOL WHICH I LIKED AND AM NOW  IN FIRST GRADE. I ALSO HAVE SPEECH AND OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY IN SCHOOL.

APRIL IS AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH AND MOMMY HAS TOLD YOU SOME THINGS ABOUT IT. FOR ME AUTISM IS ONGOING. IF YOU SEE ME OUT IN PUBLIC, PLEASE SAY HI!! I MIGHT GIVE YOU A HUG, I LIKE THOSE BEAR HUGS!! TREAT ME LIKE ANY CHILD. I MAY NOT ALWAYS ACT APPROPRIATELY, BUT IT IS NOT MOMMY AND DADDY'S FAULT, I TRY MY BEST!

PLEASE DON'T STARE AND DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS.. IGNORANCE IS NOT ALWAYS BLISS. IN MANY WAYS I AM A NORMAL 7 YEAR OLD, BUT THIS AUTISM HINDERS ME FROM EXPRESSING MYSELF FULLY. I LIKE PLAYING OUTSIDE AND WATCHING DVDS AND VIDEOS. I LIKE BEING WITH MOMMY, DADDY AND LITTLE BROTHER ISAAC. I LIKE TO PLAY COMPUTER. I GET FRUSTRATED WHEN I CANNOT EXPRESS MYSELF TO OTHERS.

WHEN I GET FRUSTRATED I SOMETIMES HAVE A MELTDOWN OR TANTRUM AND SOMETIMES I BITE MY HAND. I HAVE A BITE TUBE TO CHEW ON THAT MOMMY AND DADDY GIVE ME WHEN I DO THIS. JUST BECAUSE APRIL IS AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH DOESN'T MEAN AUTISM GOES AWAY AT THE END OF THE MONTH. PLEASE DON'T FORGET ABOUT IT AND PLEASE STOP BY AND SAY HI OCCASIONALLY, MOMMY READS SOME OF THE COMMENTS TO ME! I LOVE YOU!! LOVE, JOHN

I make FREE Café Mom Siggies. Just take a look at my journal posting! I also have a bunch of ITEMS FOR SALE which offers are accepted! I accept PayPal & RME for payment. Also, don't forget to check out my own personal page where you can see some of my custom work such as business card designs, address labels, etc Ashleys Closet of Treasures!

20% off at adameve.com Offer expires --unknown-- at 11:59 EST!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)