Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am new here as welll

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 3:05 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 344 Total Views
Hello everyone it is nice to be able to talk to everyone.  first off my name is Kelli and I am from ohio, and have been married for 9 years.  We had been ttc for over 5 years before we got blessed with our precious baby girl... I found out I was first pregnant in oct 2000, and that ended in a miscarriage,  We got pregnant again august 2004, that ended in a mis miscarriage the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks, (had to have a DNC) I found out I was pregnant again June 2006 (I was so afraid) this one ended with my giving birth via c-section to a beautiful baby girl.... My water broke Feb 23 at 7:10 am (husband works 3rd shift so was on his way home from work and didn't believe me that my water broke) when he got home he was all hyper it was actually kindof cute, I was just as calm as could be. went to my docs office when they opened at 8:30 to confirm water had broke (Athena was due feb 26), had not had a contract yet at this time got my first contraction sitting in waiting room at my doctors. when I got into the office they of course confirmed my water had broke, I was 100% effaced and only 1 cm dialted so they took me over to the hopital which my doctors office is actually on the main floor of. So because my water broke and I was only 1 cm dialted they had to induce me with the picotin (SP?)  They also gave me nubain, by about 1:30 I was only 3 cms dialated, my doc said whenever I wanted an epidural I could have one. I was doing actually pretty good until they kept having to increase the picotin (potasin what ever it is) I finally decided I wanted the epi even though I was afraid of that. after that I felt pretty darn good. finally around 8:00 pm my doc decided it was time to start pushing. I was 10 cm dialated and ready to go. some how my baby girl had other plans. While I was pushing I got sick vomitted once and had diahrea twice (which nurse and doc told me was common with inductions). that was prolly the worst expiernece, I pushed for over 3 hours and still nothing baby's head not moving at all. so we decided on the c-section although I was deathly afraid of this. (did not know how big Athena was at this time). when they where pulling her out my doc was down there saying oh wow, jason what was the biggest birth weight in your family (his grandpa who was born in the 20s was 15 lbs) so we told her that and I was like there is no way at all she is that big. well they showed her to us and husband was like you just gave birth to a line backer... I asked first if she was a she, then it was well how big is she, they must not of heard be cuz they where getting stats alkl I heard was 25 I looked at jay and was like did they just say 25, no way I gave birth to a 25 lb baby and they where all laughing at that and said oh no.. she is around 10 lbs, well she was born 12:25 feb 24,  9 lbs 13.5 ozs, 20 inches long head was 14 1/2 inches around.

Here is one of pictures in the hospital:

Here is a cute picture of me:

Here is my most recent picture (at my 2 mnth checkup I weighed 12 lbs 5 ounces, am 24 inches long and my head is 15 3/4 inches around

by on May. 4, 2007 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gomezmomma
by New Member on May. 4, 2007 at 11:21 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your losses but that little miracle is adorable!!! My son was 10 pounds 1 ounce at birth by two month old he was 15 pounds. he's 19 months old and weighs 28 pounds.Aidan in the hospitol

Aidan now. 19 months old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)