Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group!

Posted by on May. 11, 2007 at 10:50 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 209 Total Views
Hey all I am new to the group and just wanted to intro myself, My name is alicia I am 25 with 2 boy's (YAY) My oldist is going to be 10 june 1st he was born at 10 pounds pounds 9 ounces (natural birth).. My youngest is 4 months and was 11 pounds 11 ounces (c-section)... we are from NJ I have been married to my son's father for  almost 4 years :)
by on May. 11, 2007 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Wolfe_Pack_Mom
by on May. 26, 2007 at 4:04 PM
Hello! My name is Lindsey. I just joined as well. My son was 9 lbs 13 oz. I had gestational diabetes with him (and with my current - 31 weeks along) and the dieticians like to say that he was big because of that, but I think it only partially contributed to it. The rest is just because he's a big kid! He'll be 3 in Sept and he's almost as tall as his 5 year old cousins. If I sound a little defensive it's just because being pregnant with GD again I'm currently seeing the dieticians that tell me I'm going to have another big baby because of GD and so on. They are not bad people, they just get a little preachy sometimes. I'm having a girl this time and I just hope that she's not bigger, but we'll see.

I'm a stay at home mom in Alaska. My husband and I just celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary earlier this month. Later this year we'll celebrate 15 years together. We were the poster children for the whole "get your playing done first, then have kids" group.
mommytotwoboys
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2007 at 10:25 AM
They insisted that was was going to have GD with both of my babies mainly because I am bigger girl (not to much) but non the lesser "bigger" I must have gotten tested 3-5 times threw our both my pregnancys then afterwards they tested the babies about 2 times each all doctors insist apon the fact that, thats the only way you can have big babies and it just simply is not true, alot of ppl that see me out with my youngest asume just becuase I am on the bigger side its my fault or I feed him to much but they shut there mouth once they see pics of 10 year old lol.. its frustrating not to mention I am sorry but bigger babies are just cuter with there chubby cheeks and chunky legs :) lol    
njgirl0976
by on Sep. 20, 2007 at 6:06 AM
Everyone asked if I had GD with my daughter (she was 9-12.2). I didn't--my whole family just has huge babies (I was almost 10 lbs myself).
I'm 5'2" and weighed in at 185 lbs when I got pregnant. I gained 12 pounds during my pregnancy and was able to wear my regular jeans. I couldn't afford maternity jeans and refused to wear sweats, so I looped a rubber band through my button hole and around my button so the waistband of my jeans could fit under my big bump.
One woman even accused me of lying about not having GD. I was shocked: "Why would I lie about something like that?"
Apparently, you can't have a big baby without having GD. My daughter was big because that's what we all have--and the daily pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream probably helped too! LOL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)