Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QUESTION..SCARED

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 9:32 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 264 Total Views
my son was 10 lbs and 1oz,  no complications, vaginal birth, hurt like hell.... He's 2 now and about 40 lbs, so still pretty big....
but, im pregnant now and worried and scared about how big the babies going to be, although everything went great with my first, i dont want to go through with that again.
Any moms have a big baby first and then have a second child? any stories to share?
by on Jun. 12, 2008 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
EmeraldMom
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2008 at 5:23 PM
I am in the same boat you are in except that I am expecting baby number 4.  My first two boys were not so big and then my last baby boy was 10 pounds 14 ounces and got stuck at the shoulders, delivered healthy at home with no pain medication...so now that I am pregnant again I am QUITE WORRIED about having a baby that big or bigger again.  I have been counting calories VERY CAREFULLY and staying between 1200-1500 (with the other three pregnancies I didn't watch what I ate at all), walking at least 4 times a week for 30 minutes or more, stretching and doing sit ups every day and praying like hell.  I am desperately trying to keep within a normal weight gain this time in the hopes that this baby will be smaller.  The last times I gained close to 67 pounds with each of them.  Hope all goes well for you and that you have a smaller baby.
Jess7199
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2008 at 5:47 PM
All 3 of my kids were big babies.  My first son was 10lbs 7oz, my daughter was 9lbs 3oz, & my 2nd son was 10lbs 9oz.  I had a c-section with all 3 of them.   

vwhite81
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2008 at 1:47 PM

If you are scared about having a big baby again, insist on being induced at weeks 39 or 40, instead of waiting to go into labor. I had two big babies, one was 9, 8 and the other was 10, 5, and my midwife let me go nine days late with my second. When I have another baby, I will definately ask to be induced at week 39, so I know the baby won't be too big for me to deliver. I had a vaginal birth with both, and shoulder dystocia with the second.

Also, I don't know if anyone has ever told you this, but the recovery time is much less and easier the second time around. I couldn't believe how quickly I recovered the second time, even with having a bigger baby that time. The first time it took me the full six weeks to feel good and then some, but the second time it was about two weeks.

Hope this helps!

Valerie

proudmother5946
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:55 PM
My first was 10lbs 1 oz and 22 1/2 inches long. I only gained 23 lbs.
Natural birth. My daughter was only 8 lbs 15 oz.I gained 28 with her.
My son was an easier birth though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)