Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adding Siggies to Messages on Cafemom*

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 637 Total Views

In Toadily Grand Slammin Profiles (TGSP), we have 60+ tutorials that our members use to help them with adding all sorts of things to their Cafemom page.. These tutorials are available to members only but... I've decided to release a couple of these tutorials to all members of Cafemom! These are © to me and may NOT be copied and shared!

Since everyone loves siggies (it seems! lol), I've decided to make my signature tutorial available to all! The following tutorial explains how to add a signature to your messages on Cafemom! If you'd like to know how to add a signature to Yahoo, Hotmail or AOL, you'll have to join TGSP to view those tutorials!

Cafemom Toolbar Signatures...

With the Cafemom toolbar, you can add up to 10 signatures to use on your mail messages and posts. With the toolbar, you can carry your signatures to Yahoo, Myspace, etc.. To download the toolbar, click here.

Adding an animated rich text signature...

1.  Mouse over "My Other Stuff" at the top of any cafemom page.
2.  Look under "My Account Settings" in the drop down box & click on  "Fonts & Signatures".
3.. Click on "add a rich text signature"
4.  If your signature is animated, save it to your computer and upload it to photobucket.
5.  Once the signature is in photobucket, copy the "direct link".
6.  Click on "add a photo" and then on "paste a url" and paste the direct link in the "paste a url" box. Insert.
7. Make sure your signature is named, set it as Cafemom default and save.

Adding a non animated rich text signature...

1.  Mouse over "My Other Stuff" at the top of any cafemom page.
2.  Look under "My Account Settings" in the drop down box & click on  "Fonts & Signatures".
3.. Click on "add a rich text signature"
4.  Click on "add a photo" and then "browse".
5.  Locate the signature on your computer, "open" it and then "insert".
6.  Make sure your signature is named, set it as Cafemom defaut and save.

Adding a ticker to a signature (using html code)..

1.  Go to an approved Cafemom ticker site and create your ticker.
2.  In another browser window,
open Cafemom & mouse over "My Other Stuff" at the top of any   cafemom page.
3.  Look under "My Account Settings" in the drop down box & click on  "Fonts & Signatures".

4.  Click on "add a rich text signature".
5.  Copy the html code of your ticker and paste it in the empty box.
6.  Make sure the signature is named, set it as Cafemom default and save.
7.  When the signature comes back as code, click on "edit" and save again. It should come back with the ticker.

Adding a ticker to a signature (using the url)...

1.  Go to an approved Cafemom ticker site and create your ticker.
open Cafemom & mouse over "My Other Stuff" at the top of any   cafemom page..
Look under "My Account Settings" in the drop down box & click on  "Fonts & Signatures".
5.  Copy the url of your ticker. Click on "add a photo" and then on "paste a url" and paste the url in the "paste a url" box. Insert.
6.  Make sure the signature is named, set it as Cafemom default and save.

Adding blinkies to your signature...

1.  Save the blinkies to your computer and upload them to photobucket.
open Cafemom & mouse over "My Other Stuff" at the top of any   cafemom page..
Look under "My Account Settings" in the drop down box & click on  "Fonts & Signatures".
5.  Click on "add a photo" and then on "paste a url".
6.  Copy the direct link from photobucket and paste it in the "paste a url" box. Insert. If you're adding more than one blinkie, click by the blinkie and then repeat step 5 until you have all the blinkies you want added. (Tip:  If adding different size blinkies, group them according to size so that your signature appears even and flowing).
7.  Name the signature, set as cafemom default and save.

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kandis1021
by Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Wow! This is what I've been looking for .....TMI for all at once., but a point of reference I'm glad to have found. I should have been reading instructions in order from the start!.... ,,,, hind sight is 20/20! Funny how phrases become clear years after you've heard them a thousand times!
Kandybug
toadilypeachy
by Group Owner on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM

so true about hindsight being 20/20! I've come to that realization more times than I care to admit! lol

kandis1021
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Now I have a desk top available, and I still can't add a Siggie as my signature! What do I do! This thing says its not operating at this time
toadilypeachy
by Group Owner on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Are you trying to add a siggy to Cafemom or somewhere else? And what is telling you it's "not operating at this time"?

Esegirl
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Exactly what I wamt. Thanks a lot. I love this.
SissyAnn141
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:11 AM

BUMP!

kandis1021
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Yes it does say that. Not operating or not an option....most of the time I'm on my iPad ...the first one. So there are not many possibilities at this time. However my husband has a new desk top and I can use it. I truly want to show off the lovely Siggies I have collected, but sadly have been unable to do so. .... Thank you for your response... ToadilyPeachy... : )
SissyAnn141
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:40 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)