Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Profile Contest

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 534 Total Views

Is the group having a Valentine's Day profile contest?  Just curious.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toadilypeachy
by Group Owner on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM

The last couple of contests we've had, we've only had one or 2 moms sign up so we've quit doing them for awhile.. We're hoping activity will pick up in the group soon..

wynnchime
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I hope you don't mind my asking this, but since I've been back (after being off CM for a year or so), I've noticed some of the biggest groups I used to belong to have literally dwindled in number of members.  And other groups that were big when I joined in April of '08 (and still big a year ago) are no longer in existence.  I'd really like to know what happened while I was away to cause this-- I feel it must have been something.  Just your thoughts on it, of course.

Thanks in advance for sharing!

warmcoffee
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I don't know what caused it, but I agree, seems the groups are a lot smaller (I was away for several months due to school and seeking work) - and there are a couple of groups I belonged to that I can no longer find on here, guess they're non existent now too. 

Quoting wynnchime:

I hope you don't mind my asking this, but since I've been back (after being off CM for a year or so), I've noticed some of the biggest groups I used to belong to have literally dwindled in number of members.  And other groups that were big when I joined in April of '08 (and still big a year ago) are no longer in existence.  I'd really like to know what happened while I was away to cause this-- I feel it must have been something.  Just your thoughts on it, of course.

Thanks in advance for sharing!

SissyAnn141
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:26 AM

BUMP!

wynnchime
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

You know, I hadn't really thought about it, but I wonder if Facebook is eating
away at CM's membership.  I've always much prefered CM, but I do know of several others who prefer Facebook and who's activity on CM has dropped off considerably, if not altogether.

toadilypeachy
by Group Owner on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:34 AM

I toadily agree with you! I know that TGSP's activity decreased drastically a year ago.. Then, when someone else took over the group for awhile and used the auto delete function, it just wiped all of our membership out and we can't seem to recover.. Since we're a private group due to the siggies, it's hard to find us.. So, just not sure what the answer is.. Just trying to hang in there.. lol

Quoting wynnchime:

away at CM's membership.  I've always much prefered CM, but I do know of several others who prefer Facebook and who's activity on CM has dropped off considerably, if not altogether.

wynnchime
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I have to say that I am toadily impressed with all the feedback I get (in this group and my others) whenever I post a question.  Seems like all the best Moms are still here!!   

we rock

nanu43
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Quoting toadilypeachy:

I toadily agree with you! I know that TGSP's activity decreased drastically a year ago.. Then, when someone else took over the group for awhile and used the auto delete function, it just wiped all of our membership out and we can't seem to recover.. Since we're a private group due to the siggies, it's hard to find us.. So, just not sure what the answer is.. Just trying to hang in there.. lol

Quoting wynnchime:

it sure did affect my coming to this group when the others took over it.. to be honest just didn't seem like the same group... glad I came by today and see you've got it back ... got to be honest and say I do go to fb alot now... I was on cm alot more before I joined it... but I love cm and all my friends...

Phyllis

SUNSHINEGIRL_30
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I don't know what happened, but it is depressing knowing that this was one of my faveorite groups with some nice designers at one time. I hate that it got taken away, not sure what happened there, but I do understand the feelign when your group is taken. :(

sad to see that this group is falling. hope you can get it back up and running sweetie! hope all is well with you.

toadilypeachy
by Group Owner on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Quoting SUNSHINEGIRL_30:

I don't know what happened, but it is depressing knowing that this was one of my faveorite groups with some nice designers at one time. I hate that it got taken away, not sure what happened there, but I do understand the feelign when your group is taken. :(

sad to see that this group is falling. hope you can get it back up and running sweetie! hope all is well with you.

Thanks! I just don't know what else to do to try to get it hopping..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN