Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need tips for catching a stray dog, Animal Control can not catch her.

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 1:30 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 160 Total Views

Across the street from where I live is a fawn colored Chihuahua, so far she wont let me get within 20 yards of her.  I haven't found where she sleeps yet.  Although I just found a dog bed and blankets that someone put out for her, she lives in an empty field behind a grocery store.  This person that put the dog bed out with blankets, also puts out fresh dry and wet dog food for her.  She was once a pet, she is wearing a purple collar that does fit her, but she has been out there for over 6 months.  I would like to help her find a home, I wrote note to the person leaving the food, asking them if they can help me (left all my contact info).  I am going to ask around to see if I can get a live humane trap, I have friends in rescue groups.  I am going to try and befriend her with my dog, hopefully that helps.  If you have any other suggestions, please offer the advice.  She's hard to win over so far.  I know she sleep near by her food, she barks a few times when I go out there at night, but her voice echos and I haven't located her yet.  I am experienced in dog handling and dog body language, so I wont do anything to get bitten, but I still want her to find a home with our help.  Thanks for reading and any suggestions you can give, so far everything I have tried hasn't worked.

by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
EireLass
by Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Keep moving the food and water closer and closer to either your home or that persons home.

DeniseHarrison
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 7:50 AM
bump

robertmommie
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Quoting EireLass:

Keep moving the food and water closer and closer to either your home or that persons home.

That's a good idea, thanks!  I will try that for sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN