Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I crazy???

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 10:58 AM
  • 5 Replies

Am I crazy? I am at the end of an  horrible divorce, my ex has literally tried to pull my name and reputation through the mud. The accusations are absolutely ludicrous. The whole time we were married for 11 years he wouldn't even wear his wedding ring, and I've been told that when he would be on jobs he would actually say he wasn't even married and would ask women out...and through all of this he has been spreading rumors that I have been having affairs and that I stole money from him and a bunch of lies. It's amazing how you find out who your true friends are....(the divorce has been going on for almost a year...)

On top of all of this, 2 months ago I met someone and we started dating. Huge red flags have been happening. I feel like I have entered into another verbal and emotional abusive relationship. He won't let me spend time with any of my friends, calls them names when he hasn't even met them.He wants me to account for every moment of my day. I told him over this past weekend that I couldn't deal with his overly possessiveness and that I wanted time alone, what happens, he shows up at my house unannounced to see if I am really there, and proceeded to check my bathroom and walk in closet to see if there was someone else in the house. I demanded he leave immediately, which he did, but then calls this morning acting like nothing is wrong.
I feel like I'm going crazy...why do I keep attracting abusive and volatile people?????

by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jeana0301
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 11:20 AM
Its not you, its them.  Get out of this relationship as soon as you can.  Its not healthy.  Its good that you see the signs now before it is too late.  Take care..
mommy2003of1
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 11:29 AM
i know your feeling ive been there i thought there was something wrong with me then i had my daughter out of a bad relasionship i didn't even know he was like that till it was to late and ever since it seems like every man is the same...... i would leave him get rid of him cause it dont chance not in my exspereance..... i started being friends with them first and then finding out how they are before i start something with them and i tell them from the start im friends first and what i dont tolorate.... it dont work for everyone but you can give it a shot just a tip..... put i do hope it works out for you.......

lizmarvan
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 11:46 AM

i used to attract them too,
i dont now because i DONT PUT UP WITH IT
im not going to let my son see me being put down or made a fool of.
no one can truly love you until you love yourself..
least thats what i keep telling myself.. inhopes that soon i will love myself..
good luck girl
my heart goes out to ya
KLBrown
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 1:42 PM

Quoting Jeana0301:

Its not you, its them.  Get out of this relationship as soon as you can.  Its not healthy.  Its good that you see the signs now before it is too late.  Take care..
I agree!  Take some time away from men in general.  Get to know you, what you deserve, and what you expect from a man.  I did, and I am a whole new person!  It has helped sooooo much.  Now I know when I do start dating that I will not tolerate any less than my girls & I deserve!

BreastfeedingBreastfeeding
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Miscarriage survivor 
Cruel Girliwouldratherbeattherodeo.jpg RODEO image by dustieR

Lisam68
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 1:51 PM
I have been in your shoes, you need to take a stand and GET OUT...It will not get better, it gets worse...To keep you from loosing your self respect, GET OUT...NOW.....No man is worth the trouble they put us through. Men like this are very insecure and they look for women to control because they can't control themselves. He is probably doing everything that he is accussing you of doing...My best friend had a boyfriend that would get mad if my name showed up on her caller ID. He made her choose him or me...That is not right, woman are people not dogs...GET OUT....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)