Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

does is make you mad...

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 12:41 PM
  • 0 Replies
... that you're working your butt off to pay for your family and there are others who won't lift a finger? except they decide to get pregnant...again...

i live in sect 8 housing right now and i'm dying to get out! a close friend of mine and i are looking at 3 bedroom houses right now to share because it's the only way i'm going to get out of here at this point. i've lived here 2yrs this december and i can't wait to get out... on the flipside, there are two parent families living in these apartments that have been here for years, with no signs of moving out! people around here are quitting jobs, making babies, and trashing the yard.

one girl lived here with her mom for many years, got pregnant at 17, a year later moved into her very own welfare apartment 4 doors down, and has lived there for 4yrs... now her daughter is 5 and she had to leave her 40hr a week SALARY job so she could pop out twins!!

is birth control REALLY that hard of a concept? aren't we supposed to be getting our priorities straight and trying to get our lives back on track? how dare she take two steps back and expect taxpayers to cover her butt!!!!

i'm really stressed about this... it stresses me out to know that i'm working and working and working, i run 8 houses other than my own 10 times per week and i get zilch for help from my ex, i have the politest and best behaved kid on the block, and there are parents here who let their babies run wild half naked with no supervision all day because neither parent works!

aaahhh!!! i am so proud of myself and other single parents who take care of their own and do what they can to make the days go by!

huggs and kisses and lottery winning wishes to all the single moms and dads who get up every single day and be two people and do 4 jobs :)
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)