Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me...(this is long, sorry)

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 3:44 PM
  • 7 Replies
I feel completley miserable right now. It hasnt been that long that ive been broken up with my ex and we for a while could not even be around each other without fighting (he did a lot of really horrible things to me, lying, sneaking around, possibly cheating, telling me he didnt feel the same and wanted me out) I recently moved from CT to GA to be back with my parents. He and I have been much more friendly lately and he was really giving me hope that we might get back together (he even asked me to come back but i say if he really wants to be with me he should come here, I dont want to get back into the same situation where things went so wrong). But every time he says hes going to call me he doesnt, every time I call him he is busy doing something. My problem is that I am miserable here. My stepdad and mom treat me very badly because I do not have a job and I want to stay home with my daughter. They dont even help me when they see me struggling with carrying the baby and like 5 other things. I dont know what to do. I feel like I cant go back with my ex because of everything that happened and I cannot stay here for too much longer. Its like I have no place to go and nobody to go to!!!

Please give your advice and your help, I really need it.
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sosojenn
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 3:47 PM
Well I'm just gonna get straight to the point......
I suggest you get a job that you enjoy.....get your own place and start dating ;)
You NEED to be supporting yourself and raising your daughter in your own home and seeing real MEN that don't disrespect you as a woman.
That other dude had his CHANCE...now give somebody else a chance to love you better.

SweetAmbition
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 3:48 PM

First off I am sorry that you are having such a hard time..  If your ex did so many bad things to you, why do you want to get back with him? 

Maybe you should  sit your mom  and step dad down and talk about  how you could use there help.

steffiestylist
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 3:48 PM
You need to worry about yourself and your daughter and get some income, and a clear head, before you make any major decisions...that little girl relies solely upon you and your actions.  Try my website..I'm a single SAH WAH mom for free, and I think my site can help you, monetarily speaking, and then allow you to make an informed decision on where you should go from here!

http://www.stefaneaseworld.com

Created and Compiled by ME!  Work From Home For FREE Like I Do!  Check Out My Site!  Dozens of Opportunities/Jobs!

mom2bee2008
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 3:52 PM
I have to agree with the part about getting a JOB, I mean everyone wuld love to be a stay at home mommy, but if means doesnt  support it then it is okay!!

Trust me I am 25 weeks preggo and work 45-50+ hours a week and the thought of not being a stay at home mommy kills me but I nkow I have to provide a HOME and INSURANCE for my lil guy!

As far as your ex, I would leave him at that your EX.

I am sorry but you are the mother of his child and if he treated you badly then what makes him a changed man?

I am miserable and I have only been single for about 9 weeks now, IT IS HARD.  But I know that I don't need the added stress from my ex.

Just hang in there, set your goals and follow through
Bas-Cat
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 3:56 PM
It's definitely a tough call. On one hand, being home for your child is extremely important. On the other hand, you also need to support you and your child. I had a friend that wound up getting help through the govt while going back to school (even got a grant). I on the other hand have worked full time and have had my mother watching my daughter part time and my ex watches her the other part time until I'm off. I honestly don't know which road you should travel, but in my own opinion, you have to think of your child first. I have never been one for leaning on anyone (unless absoltuely necessary) if I could help it and I hope to be a strong, independent, and courageous woman-figure in my child's life.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2007 at 3:57 PM
im gonna have to say that staying home for you really isnt an option right now, you are single and your parents arent being supportive. once you are working, get your own place and make your own rules.

Kidz_n_Dogz
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 4:14 PM
well, it looks like you are very young from your photo, and I'm guessing you haven't had much independent living experience (although I could be wrong).  Reality is......you're a single mom and it is your responsibility to support your child.  You can not rely on anyone but yourself to help you, but if you do get help along the way that's great.  Never put yourself in a position to depend on anyone else for your basics (shelter, food, transportation, etc).  You definately have to get a job...and consider going to college while you're at it.  There are lots of grants and scholarships out there for single moms.  Do something to secure your future for you and your child.  The state may be able to help you out financially and give you food stamps.  Check into section 8 housing.  Do what you have to in order to get on your own 2 feet.

And as for the x b/f....why would you want to return to someone who treats you like that?  Demand respect from any man you are going to date.  In my opinion, you should stay away from men for a while until you put your life together.  Sometimes they can take focus away from what is really important:  you and your daughter.

Your daughter is watching you wether you realize it or not.  She will learn from you.  What is it you want her to learn?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)