Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Need a little creative thinking help

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 9:46 AM
  • 4 Replies
Hi ladies! 

I hope I can get a little help in the creative thinking department from you all...I am in charge of a fundraiser for my son's school . Each class (3 year old preschool - 4th grade) needs to make an item that can later be auctioned off.  Just to give you an idea, one of the platters auctioned off for $1,000.00 last year. 

In years' past, I/we have made platters and bowls (using the kids fingerprints in paint to start a design on the item) - things of that nature.  It needs to be somethng that is simple, but cool/useful.  I have been thinking on the lines of mosaic trays or something to that effect, but I could really use some fresh thoughts.  Can anyone help me out?
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Tahjanae_s_Mom
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 9:48 AM
What about circle of life with their hand prints?

Rachael

myspace.com/rachaelrb

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Marcia01
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 9:57 AM
What about a classroom quilt, have all the children put their hand print on a
12"square with their mane at the bottom.
raisin2girls
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 9:58 AM
For some reason i am thinking christmas cards with the design drawn by the kids~i don't know why but all of us moms know that the kids make the best pictures...collect several then bind them with cute ribbon or something and sell em...

"one of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."
christie27
by on Sep. 25, 2007 at 10:09 AM
How about Christmas ornaments ? I'm not sure what the receipe is but there is one for kids to make ornaments out of a dough like stuff and cut it out with cookie cutters , let it air dry and then paint. There very cute.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN