Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Does anyone else have to let their baby's daddy take them for a weekend

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 3:39 PM
  • 25 Replies
I need some advice because for the past 3 months i have had to let my 10 month old son go to his fathers for the weekend everyother weekend. I try to make the best of it but i just cant seem to get into the idea. I need to know how you guys deal with it. I try to keep busy but i just need your help. please any ideas may make it easier. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!! I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!
How old is your child?
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GracieCarlymom
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 3:43 PM

Is this court ordered?  I went to court the first time for a temporary arrangement and the judge did not order my then 6 month old and 3 year old to spend the night.  (He wanted to keep the kids together)  Now my yougest is 16 months old and she still does not have to go overnight yet.  It is coming though. 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

mommyofhunter
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 3:52 PM
it is court ordered but we went through arbatration and the court told me he does get overnight time
mbocage
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 4:01 PM
Ha.....I wish my daughter's father wanted her overnight during the weekend.  He just wants her for a few hours here and there.
mammakathy
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 4:06 PM
Just try to keep busy. It was so hard when I had to deal w/ it. That is until my daughter went through puberty. Then I couldn't wait for her dad's weekend, but I did miss her. My bff used to laugh @ me, cause I would bitch about her a week but when she was gone I would bitch b/c she was gone. I guess you just can't make me happy.
newmom52907
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 4:07 PM
I know it is proboly hard but i would try to think positive at least he is around. Some father's don't give a crap. The father of my almost 4 month old is going to take him for nights and it will make me nervous but he needs the experience. He has been visiting him here and i would love a break for once and he needs time with his dad. In the end it will be best. Now i just tell myself it is for the best. I know it will be hard but i will be ok i don't know what i will do i won't know what to do with no baby for the night.
PaWAHM
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 4:29 PM
Well, my daughter is 3 years old and there is no way I would let him keep her overnight! And he would never ask to anyway, because he knows I will not allow my daughter anywhere near the woman he is with (whom I wouldn't trust in the same room with my daughter for one minute!). She has, basically, made sure that my daughter will never see her own father unless she is around and he can't even call without her getting involved in the conversation!

When they were first together, she attempted to be my friend until I found out that all she wanted was to keep tabs on what was going on between him and me. And after I called her out on it, she harassed me on numerous occasions by e-mail, IM, and even text messages! And of course he, being the small man that he is, has allowed this woman to do all that and to come between his and our daughter's relationship and has NEVER put his foot down! Instead, he just doesn't call or attempt to see her on any regular basis...

Honestly, I would tell you to somehow come to grips with it and be glad that they have any relationship at all. Use the time your son is away from you to catch up on housework, or reading, or maybe get a new hobby. There has to be something you have always wanted to do or try. Or maybe even go back to school.

Rachel
RaeLpz@gmail.com
AIM & Yahoo!: RaeLpz73
MSN: RaeLpz@msn.com
MySpace.com/ClairtonBBW
www.FullerBrushOnline.org

mv1022
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 4:32 PM
this is my situation...few hours here and there...my daughter is 6...baby is 2 months. it's hard...i rent movies and watch them one right after the other till i get them back.
Cara5
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 4:39 PM
Those first few months of the kids being gone every other weekend sucks... it really does, theres no way to get aroud that, yes we all need a break, but who really wants to ship their children off twice a month, i know i dont.  All i can suggest is to stay busy and make the best of it... get some extra cleaning done... i always use it as an oppertunity to strip the kids beds, vacuuem really good in their bedrooms and watch tv shows i dont get to watch with them around... sleep in as late as you want.. make it a point to make some sort of lunch date or cofffee date with someone on weekends when your kids are gone... even if its just with your mom. Do something for you that you dont normally get to do with your baby with you...like go out at night if thats what you like to do.  your baby is younger than mine so this may not be an issue at all but im greatful for the chance to go grocery shopping without ten extra hands throwing stuff in the cart...
Weekends have been a time for my girlfriend and i to spend some quality alone time but she is being deployed soon so weekends will suck again for the next several months :( 

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

pjamchrgrs
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 4:44 PM
hey I have two boys 1,2. My boys sometimes have to go with their dad and let me tell you it doesnt get any easier but... what you have to remember is that  you need to take this time out to relax and to prepare for baby to come home. I still call every few hours even when they are at child care. Your baby is still really young and thats why it tends to be more hard my baby daddy didnt ever try to take them that young. Im sorry i know it sucks. But relax he will be in your arms soon again.
RycesMom
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 4:46 PM
I am not sure what state you are in but I fought my ex on allowing him to over nights and won. my little girl has two days of visitation 4 hours each. I know there are a lot of studies stating that a child should not ha ve overnights until they are three or older. I would try to modify the custody arrangment I am not sure if this helps but
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN