Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Does anyone else have to let their baby's daddy take them for a weekend

Posted by   + Show Post
I need some advice because for the past 3 months i have had to let my 10 month old son go to his fathers for the weekend everyother weekend. I try to make the best of it but i just cant seem to get into the idea. I need to know how you guys deal with it. I try to keep busy but i just need your help. please any ideas may make it easier. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!! I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!
How old is your child?
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 3:39 PM
Replies (21-25):
lsmommyx2
by on Sep. 30, 2007 at 9:03 PM

I let my ex take my daughter for 2 days a week on his days off.  It is the hardest days of the week.  And I let the father of my son take him all summer long.  I hate it hate it hate it, and I wouldn't do it if their daddies didn't absolutley love them.  It is my decision not to be with these men and not my children who love their daddies.  It is so hard to let them go for these times.  But during the week I use it to have alone time w/my son.  And this summer I'll have alone time w/ my daughter. 
I don't like it but I can't punish the others involved in this situation.  My parents would fight over me all the time and it broke my heart and hated seeing them like that.  I will never let my children see me fight like that over them.  Its not good for them.

Spotlight
by on Sep. 30, 2007 at 9:29 PM

Quoting mbocage:

Ha.....I wish my daughter's father wanted her overnight during the weekend.  He just wants her for a few hours here and there.

That's the same way I feel.  And when he does finally decide to get her it has to be when it is convenient or him.  He can't have any other plans.  And then it is never over night.  Maybe 3 hours 4 at the most. 
MomToTwoGirls72
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 12:15 PM
Till my youngest daughters dad got this  second job she went to his house every other weekend now he doesn't get her at all because he works weekends I'm trying to convince him to take her on the nights he doesn't have to work to give my mom a break but he just won't do it and then he wonders why his daughter wants nothing to do with him and rather be with me and my boyfriend.....Now my oldest daughter her dad doesn't live around here but his dad and stepmom does they don't make an effort of trying to see her or spend time with her I wish they would that give me a much needed break from her.....Sheila:)
mommy2003of1
by on Oct. 1, 2007 at 12:38 PM
i had to make my daughter go for over two years when he finaly came around and she is now 4 years old... as long as you know your babys in good hands that is the first step ... as bad as it sounds it does not get easyer but and as bad as this is going to sound to somepeople when my girl was on every other weekend i had a girls night out with my sister in law and friends who ever would spend time with me and we went out on the town cause i could not sleep i went out and partyed its not easy at first cause you feel ashamed but it helped for me and it helped me rest and easie my mind with my girl was nowhere around..... but its just an idea or you can make the time that hes gone just to spend time with family or friends put people around you that will help you and get subjects that dont always consist around your baby...

CarliesMom
by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 5:04 PM
My daughter goes to her fathers house every Tuesday night, and every other weekend. Yes, it is hard, but it is also good for my sanity. Everyone needs their alone time. It was very hard at first... but I find things to occupy my time. I will go to the beach and go for a long bike ride, go to a friends house and just hang out... and yes... sometimes go to a bar and have some drinks.

I call constantly to check on my baby. He may think I am being over protective, and guess what? You're damn right I am. You are a mother and have every right to call, or just 'pop in' to see what is going on... well, atleast call when you are around the corner... thats what I do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN