Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I really don't know what to do anymore

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 8:37 PM
  • 4 Replies
so I'm a single mom, having 5 girls, with 3 living at home.....Money is a big problem...........there's never enough and I'm getting deeper and deeper in a hole....i don't have any close friends.  I work and love my job, make pretty good money, but every week there's something else that happens, from medical bills to car trouble......Now I ahve to have a hysterectomy and don't have a clue how I'm going to make it...........I need any suggestions that anyone can give me.  I make too much money to get any help...............I'm at the end of my rope.
HELP
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
miinma77
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 9:19 PM
I'm just wondering how old your 3 girls that are living at home are.
huntasmom
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 10:25 PM
I'm right there with ya.  I make just enough money not to be able to qualify for any assistance either and each week/month I seem to go in the hole a little bit.  One of my paychecks per month goes out just for child care and preschool and the ex sends child support when something more important doesn't come up.  Enough about me.  All I can say to you is keep your chin up and keep plugging along like I do.  It isn't easy but what else can you do.  I'm here if you need to talk.
munchkinsmom07
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 10:32 PM
idk about where u live but i know in wisconsin, if where u r working doesnt offer insurance or decent insurance then u can get state help with ur medical but u have to pay a co-pay on things, which is always better then nothing. check it out and good luck
Sabati
by on Sep. 30, 2007 at 10:28 AM

About the hysterectomy, if there's no medical reason preventing it, make sure you get a vaginal hysterectomy. The return to work recovery time is WAY shorter and it's less painful than the tradition cut-your-stomach kind. About the money thing, I'm clueless, too. I know it sux to have to ask them, but do you have any family that could help? Will your daughters help out, financially? Are the at-home ones old enough to get after school jobs? Even if they did babysitting or mowed lawns around the neighborhood, it would help. I used to get lunch money and help buy my own school clothes that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)