Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling Claustrophobic

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:11 AM
  • 9 Replies

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 + months. We've known each other for 34 years ... and dated in high school. Im just having a hard time balancing my time! Time for my son, time for work, time for him, time for me!!! I don't know if Im truly capable of having a relationship at this point in my life. Its just seems too draining all of a sudden ...

Any of you feel this way???? Or is it just me ... 

Join us on:

The Single Moms Group

Group Mod

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jeepingirrl
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:16 AM

I know exactly how your feeling. I just do not seem to have enough time to balance everything....kids, friends, work, and a relationship. I need at least 2 more of me to make things workable, lol!

single_and_preg
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Yes, thats why i havent really dated anyone in almost 2 years, because I barely have time to even talk on the phone, let alone date. I have tried, I feel like I'm too busy for a guy right now. So I know what you mean.

jennie829
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Thanks for your replies ... I was feeling SO overwhelmed when I wrote that post! We (the bf & I) had a chat ... I really can't stretch myself any farther than I have ... so, we're taking a break.

Join us on:

The Single Moms Group

Group Mod

Singlemomks
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 6:08 PM

It's very hard to be everything to everybody!

I think it boils down to what is important to you right now.  For me, I don't have time nor the energy to try to fit in dates.  But, when it's important to me, I seem to be able to do it. 

Join us on:

The Single Moms Group

Group Mod

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 6:45 PM

half the time i dont even want to see my FWB and thats just sex, not all the niceties with it.

The Single Moms Group

bean06162004
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:18 PM

I understand EXACTLY where you're coming from! I didn't realize how much I was drowning until my boyfriend and I broke up recently. I can finally breathe again, before I had my son, work, school, homework, his family, my family, and housework to do, I was drowning in responsibility!! I definitely miss him, he was my best friend; but it wasn't fair to anyone, including me, to be in a relationship right now.

calgalmeg
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Hun you just started back to work- give yourself a little time to adjust and relax.  Maybe you aren't ready but then again it just could be the new demand of work- don't worry too much yet.  Get use to the job and balancing life before planning on what to do with the BF.

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

jennie829
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:49 PM

OMG. You are so right ... too much change at once. Thanks :) My son deserves most (or all) of my attention. Since Im working full time now, my days off are basically dedicated to Julien (my LO).

Quoting calgalmeg:

Hun you just started back to work- give yourself a little time to adjust and relax.  Maybe you aren't ready but then again it just could be the new demand of work- don't worry too much yet.  Get use to the job and balancing life before planning on what to do with the BF.

Join us on:

The Single Moms Group

Group Mod

calgalmeg
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:54 PM

I'm sure Julian is very happy to have every second with you.  Down the line it won't be such a big issue but goodness you're trying to be wonder woman and a half with your schedule! 

Quoting jennie829:

OMG. You are so right ... too much change at once. Thanks :) My son deserves most (or all) of my attention. Since Im working full time now, my days off are basically dedicated to Julien (my LO).

Quoting calgalmeg:

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)