Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:42 AM
  • 3 Replies

go to church? does your church have a singles ministry?

i believe in God but i dont go to church.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Yes, I attend church regularly and I'm a follower of Christ.  Our church has a lot of different ministries but singles ministry isn't one of them.  Sometimes I wish we did have a singles ministry but I think the hard part of doing singles is that "singles" encompasses so many different types of people- single and in college, single and new to career, singles that have kids, singles that are divorced with no kids, singles that are widows/widowers, etc. and so it's hard to come up with activities that will entice the most folks without alienating others.

HaydensMommy007
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Yes I attend church regularly. We do have a singles minisitry, but it is not a dating service. It is a ministy that provides fun activities for singeles and provides encouragement and tools to deal with living in this world, where it can be hard to date, to abstain from sex, etc. I do not participate in this particular ministry

~It only hurts when I'm breathing, my heart only breaks when it's beating, my dreams only die when I'm dreaming. So I hold my breath to forget.~

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:16 PM

oh, i didnt think it was. i used to have a church home and we had one. i went a few times. they just did activities together, they werent trying to hook up.

Quoting HaydensMommy007:

Yes I attend church regularly. We do have a singles minisitry, but it is not a dating service. It is a ministy that provides fun activities for singeles and provides encouragement and tools to deal with living in this world, where it can be hard to date, to abstain from sex, etc. I do not participate in this particular ministry

The Single Moms Group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)