Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anger (s/o)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

how long were you angry, if ever?

i was angry FOR YEARS. i did things that hurt myself trying to get back at him. id say i was angry for about 5 years or so.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sierra_Mistress
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I was angry for 2 years

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I don't think I've been angry for long stretches of time.  I was hurt more than angry.  I was hurt that he wanted nothing to do with me thru the whole pregnancy.  What made me angry was that initially he could decide when he wanted to be a father and I didn't have the option because I have always had to be a mom, even before my son was born.  Usually that anger came around when he said he was going to get our son and then he'd cancel because he decided to work an extra shift or because he wasn't feeling well or something stupid like that. 

SarahMich3113
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:42 PM

am i allowed to still be angry? every time i let go of one issue he does something else to add on to it...

♥Sarah Michelle♥
Single Mommy to Devin and Raeann
☼come take a look around☼
www.youravon.com/stowers
Jasons_Mami
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:15 AM

It takes too much energy to be angry with someone. I just cut them off & don't look back.

calgalmeg
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Once I left the anger did too for the most part with my first.  I only get angry when he does something jerky like blow off DD without even a call or starts putting me down, etc.  

My second ex- I was angry for a couple months after he split- not that he was gone as much as what it did to my life (my mom was hounding me for an abortion or to give up my son daily).

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

jadenember
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:22 AM

I actually just forgave my ex last night. I've been angry for about 2 yrs. Thank god for therapy

lissa27504
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:28 AM

I would say I was angry and jealous for about a year.  Jealous because he could be a parent whenever he wanted and I always had to be "on duty."     As you all know there is no rest for a Mom (single or otherwise).    Now I'm still angry with him but I am sure I always will be because of the damage he's done to our boys.   Our oldest was 5 when we separated and 6 when he (their father) moved to another state and stoped being involved.   Our youngest was 18 months when he moved.   The youngest has NO IDEA who he is and will randomly point to people on tv and say "that's my Dad" or ask me what his Dad's name is.   The oldest is just quiet about it.    I'll always be angry for my kids sake, but as far as me and our 'family' that we had, that anger is long gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)