Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can i get your opinions? off topic

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'd like to get opinions any ways but as single moms i'd like to know what you think....
so i have a guy friend who broke up with his girlfriend until she called him and told her she was pregnant...he got back together with her and plans to marry her because he was raised to stay with a girl if he gets her into trouble...

now the question: would you want a guy to stay with you (not to mention marry you) just because you're having his baby
?

personally i wouldn't if he doesn't want to be with me then he doesn't need to be with me just because we're having a child together as long as he is there for the baby i would be fine...other opinions please

♥Sarah Michelle♥
Single Mommy to Devin and Raeann
☼come take a look around☼
www.youravon.com/stowers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonlilly3492
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Nope, I don't believe that a baby can bring two people together... a baby is hard work and if the relationship is not strong to begin with then it might not survive a baby let alone a new marriage.

Luvof2angels
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:33 PM

No way... I would not deny the father to be part of my child life but I could not make a family with someone that I feel was forced to be with me because I am having his child, not because he cares about me.

Christine-3.gif Christine picture by toadilyslammin2

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:01 PM

no i wouldnt. in fact, when i was pregnant w our older one, me and my ex were broken up and he came back and i TOLD him i didnt want to be w him if he only wanted to stay together for the baby but he wouldnt go away.  

The Single Moms Group

single_and_preg
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:07 PM

No and I really dont understand why people do that.

Join us on:

The Single Moms Group

Group Mod

*Single Mother's* Please click above to join this CafeMom Group!

bethmoore71
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:14 PM

My parents married because my mom became pregnant. When my sister was born, my mom was 16 and my dad was 18. Their marriage lasted 20 or 21 years before finally collapsing. Now my dad is happily (re)married, and they've been together longer than his marriage to my mom (I think it's 26 years now?). So basically it's my experience that marriages-because-of-pregnancy-only don't last forever. I could never do it.

"Intelligence is like a river;
the deeper it is, the less noise it makes."

TiredMommy6906
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:18 PM

First, I wanted to say that your name is my daughter's name - Sarah Michelle. LOL.

Next, no, I would not want a guy to be with me for the only reason that we have a baby together.  

SarahMich3113
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM

i was engaged when i got pregnant so getting married was the next step anyways (obviously it didn't work out) {this is how it worked for my friend} but to have someone dump me, us be separated for a month, me tell them I'm pregnant, and have them get back together with me because of it...nuh uh...wouldnt happen...specially wouldn't get married to them

♥Sarah Michelle♥
Single Mommy to Devin and Raeann
☼come take a look around☼
www.youravon.com/stowers
R3G1N4_L0V3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I don't necessary agree with just being in the relationship because "you have to", but in the same respect that is the father of your child.

I think my deciding factor would be if he is going to be there and be supportive. Help you change the baby, feed the baby and really help then I would want him in my son/daughters life, to be able to care for the child.

If he is just going to be in the relationship just because and all he is going to do is sit around and moan n groan then I wouldn't want him around.

(who knows tho because until your in that situation you don't really know what your going to do)

=)

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I got pregnant with my best friend's child and when I found out I specifically told him that I did not expect him to marry me.  I loved him but as a friend only and knew that getting married because of a baby is probably the absolutely worst foundation for a marriage.  There's enough stress in marriage and putting the focus of the marriage on a baby makes for a horrible foundation in my opinion.

I wouldn't want a man to marry me due to obligation.  If he isn't in love with me and doesn't truly want to get married until death do us part, I want nothing to do with it.

Aidensmommy111
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:13 PM

lol my sisters name is sara michelle. small world...

anywho...
i am a great example of how this does not work out... except we were already married, we got pregnant because we thought it would fix us. either way you do it, children do not a marriage make.

Quoting TiredMommy6906:

First, I wanted to say that your name is my daughter's name - Sarah Michelle. LOL.

Next, no, I would not want a guy to be with me for the only reason that we have a baby together.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)