• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crazy friends

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:16 PM
  • 4 Replies

this happened to me last week, thought id ask what you ladies thought.

i had a girls night w two of my friends. both are aslo single moms. our evening begins when gina drives past her ex bf's house. she always does this so whatever.

then we are out. we are having a good time. we left a bar and were walking and hadnt decided where to go next. so me and rhonda start talking to some guys. gina insists that we go to this one ghetto dive we dont want to go to so we refuse and go back in the other bar. the guys buy us a round of drinks. gina keeps making a stink so i tell her i will walk through the ghetto place but that we are coming RIGHT back. we go and walk through and sure enough, shes looking for her ex. hes not there.

we leave, and she drives past his house AGAIN.. and STOPS and honks! omg! mortifying! i cant believe this! then rhonda says, "lets drive by my ex's house" and she calls the guy the whole way there and gets no answer. when we get there. she gets OFF and knocks! no answer.. so she goes in the backyard and knocks on his window!!! his room mate comes out and threatens to call the cops!

omg so at this point i am beyond embarrassed, and pissed that i have been put in this situation. i swear i would never do that! if a man didnt want me i am not stalking him!!!

these arent the only girls i know that act like this.... is this normal behavior?

The Single Moms Group

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
single_and_preg
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I have 2 friends that act like that too, and when their not stalking the ones that dont want them,,,then they hook up with random guys on myspace. I'm starting to get more distant from them becuase I dont like the situations they get into.

Join us on:

The Single Moms Group

Group Mod

*Single Mother's* Please click above to join this CafeMom Group!

TiredMommy6906
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I didn't want to be with my ex, but I didn't want him to have fun either. I wanted my ex to want me back, even though I didn't want to be with him anymore. But, the truth is, I wanted to be with my ex, I just knew it wouldn't be good for either one of us.

So, no, I would not do anything crazy like that. But, I can understand the feelings that the women may have been experiencing. 

SarahMich3113
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:30 PM

that's crazy...I've driven by some of my ex's houses before but deff don't go looking for them when I'm out or go honking when i drive by there houses

♥Sarah Michelle♥
Single Mommy to Devin and Raeann
☼come take a look around☼
www.youravon.com/stowers
calgalmeg
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 3:32 AM

I haven't done anything like that since oh.... I was 10 years old walking by the house of a guy I liked.  That would be about the extent of it.  Since then I realized that if he doesn't like me then I shouldn't waste my time and that regardless it's never appropriate to violate someone's personal space.  I would certainly not get involved with ANYTHING that could require me to be a witness for a restraining order hearing.

If I were in your shoes I would simply say that when the friend wants to hang out that we cannot go by the ex or his favorite hang outs or the evening is over.  If she can't agree there is something VERY wrong with her and I'd really start to distance myself.

Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)