Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

No Dad

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 3:24 PM
  • 30 Replies
Are there other mamas out there with kids who have never had a dad, through abandonment, death, or by choice? I've parented Jayden alone since I was 9 weeks pregnant. It hasn't been easy, but at the same time, I haven't had to deal with the baby daddy bullshit all my friends have gone through.

I'd love to hear how y'all deal with being truly single parents...
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tialisa
by Member on Sep. 28, 2007 at 3:53 PM
 I left my ex when i was 4 months pregnant with my third...my son was 5 and my middle girl was 14months old...he remembers his dad a little but my girls don't !! they have never had a dad!! It is tough being both good guy and bad guy. i just do the best i can and pick my battles...i can't yell or get on them for every little thing, i think that that is something that most parents have to remember. to me being a single mom is easier than with a partner because i make all of the decisions but at the same time that's what makes it harder too....sorry i'm rambling, i just wanted you to know that you are not alone...if you ever want to talk feel free to message me....Tia
mom2bee2008
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 4:08 PM
I am almost 26 weeks and me and the father have been broke up since 17 weeks, we are trying the whole being civil toward one another for the baby's sake, but it isn't working so I feel like I am going to raise this baby(EJ-is his name) on my own without the father, trust me I would love for the father to play a part, but the circumstances arent in his favor.

I don't wish this on anyone, ever.

I do feel likle I need financial support from him once the baby comes, but on the other aspect I don't want him  thinking he can come and go in EJ's life as he pleases, I can give EJ all the love he needs.
kelly194
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 10:31 PM
hi hon, i dated my son's father for about a year. when i became pregnant was around the time my father was sick with alzheimers. i was also noticing my boyfriend had a huge drinking problem. I left ,he really didn't chase me considering that rejection. My son has only seen his father once after i initiated it. he came to my home when Jack was 4 and intruduced him to his half brother who was two at the time and named after him. He spent about a
two hours total and never came back. i made him swear he would be consistent but i was delusional. My sister said ,and she was right that if the man had anything positive to contribute he would have done so by now. He sickens me. I know what it's like to raise a child by yourself. Jack has no grandparents and very little relatives. You are not alone.
melissa-amy
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 10:43 PM

I went through my pregnancy without my sons father. my choice. i have raised my son without him as well. granted he just turned one yesterday but... so far so good. I have had no help from him financially , emotionally or physically, again my choice.  It hasnt been easy but the rewards are infinite. I dont know what the future holds for us but im just taking it one step at a time.

Melissa amy

....to the moon and back

SDK_JustSlingIt.gif

singlemom.gifpcqsawareness.gif

lizmarvan
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 10:46 PM

im doing it with out his dad and i couldnt be happier, i dont want to screw my kids head on backwards.
all my married friends are miserable. id rather be a little alone now and end up with the right person, then miserable with the first shmo that comes around.

liz

drinkme8184
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 10:48 PM
Rayna and i have been father free since i was 8 months pregnant.  It was hard at first, but it was definatly the best choice that i made.

Click here to join the NO LIMITS DEBATE GROUP: http://www.cafemom.com/group/nolimitsdebate

tryn2smile
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 10:49 PM
I have done it alone from the very start ....my sons father is not in the picture at all my choice and it's been 2 1/2 years and we are doing great....it may be selfish (actually I know it is) but I love having him to myself...I surround him with a great support system of family and friends with role models he can look up to and it works for us.....not an easy job but can be done

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
munchkinsmom07
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 11:03 PM
i have been taking care of my munchkin since the day i found out i was prego. all the father could do is give me greef and say that i wouldnt be able to do it on my own and try to talk bad about me and try to make me feel like i wouldnt be able to do it. that if i went through it he would kidnap my son and a bunch of other mean things. the day i told him i was prego he told me to have an abortion which meant he didnt want to be around and i didnt want him to be around. so i told him if thats how u feel fine but if u change ur mind down the road dnt come barkin up my tree bc i WILL not put kirk through that. he deserves better then some alcholic and drugie that feels they NEED control of everything. and considering the fact he use to put beer in his daughters bottle and get her high as a newborn! a freakin newborn brought home fm the hospital bc he didnt want to get up with her in the middle of the night. excuse me thats part of parent hood hello. i dnt mean to vent this bad but it jus bugs me thats all. im glad that i am rasing my son alone with my parents and friends. its kinda hard but its worth every last memory. good luck and if u ever want to vent im always here to listen and listen some more...lol

amber
JoyNichole
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 11:06 PM
Hey, I know how you feel.  There is also a new group you can join.  Not trying to push it on you, but just so you know with other moms like this.  That aren't just single moms, but single mom's that are unattached and doing it on their on.  It's

http://www.cafemom.com/group/singlenevermarried 

feel free to join :)

http://www.overlappingtextlive.com - overlapping text

http://www.cafemom.com/group/2007holidaybabies - Group Owner.  Did you have a holiday baby in 2007?  If so, join the group!  Any holidays that you celebrate or acknowledge are welcome.

sierrasmommy07
by on Sep. 28, 2007 at 11:49 PM
My daughter is only 4 1/2 months old, but she has never had a father.She is very fortunate, if he was it the picture, I think it would cause a lot more heart ache, than not having  him in her life at all!!! She has a grandfather and 3 uncles, so she is very fortunate to have father figures around..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)