Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Randomly haunted by thoughts of my son's father for no apparent reason!!!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:13 AM
  • 3 Replies

Urgh! I have no idea why but today I just cannot get my son's father out of my head. I'm single by choice, he's not in our lives, I don't still love him, I don't hate him, it's not a significant time of year where I am reminded of him, he's not in our lives so am not plagued by recent events, both my son and I are happy and I love being a single mum, and have gone through pregnancy, childbirth and almost my son's first year without being affected by thoughts of him but today for some reason I just cannot explain, I can't stop thinking of him... Has this happened to anyone else for absolutely no reason?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LynnB1
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:19 AM

yes indeed, before I met my fiancee and was single. I had to do something that took my mind off of him because the only thoughts I had were negative and would get me furious.....so I'd go out and play with the boys or took a walk, exercised....anything to take my focus off of him.......

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Yes it happens to me alot. Its usually alway on Sundays when it happens BTW. I think its because I have off work and just relax in the house, so random thoughts pop in my head.

StudentMami
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Im in the same boat that you are. My son turned two in September and this month makes three years that I havent seen his father. Like you said I love being a single mom and wouldnt have it any other way. Dont miss him, love him, or want him back. But I go through periods of time where he just ruins my thoughts by popping up in them. Its natural because when you have a kid there is supposed to be a father and when theres not I dont know about you but I do go through moments of weakness because we're only human... It doesnt change you just grow stronger and overcome... Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)