Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uggg I hate dating

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:26 AM
  • 16 Replies

For the past 5 years I have been single (most of the time) and am getting sick of being alone all the time, so I decided to try internet dating for a while since I don't have time to go out and meet guys the normal way.

Well 3 weeks ago I started talking to this guy, we exchanged pictures (I took them on my web cam and sent them to him so he had the most recent pics I had) he said he liked the pictures. Well after 3 weeks we decided to go out on a "date" the whole night he kept telling me I was beautiful and during the movie he made the first move by putting his arm around me, and rubbing my leg. After the movie he drove me home and he was a perfect gentalman, walked me to the door, and gave me a kiss on the cheek and a big hug and told me again I was beautiful. After he left he sent me a text stating he had an "amazing" night, than he tells me he can't wait to see me again. Well I really liked him so I was very happy all night and had the best night sleep ever.

Well this morning I check my emails and I have a email from him saying: "OMFG YOU FAT FUCK, GO EAT ANOTHER TWINKIE"!! I am so confussed and hurt. Yes I am plus size, but he was atleast the same weight as me if or more. I just don't know why he would lead me on last night making me think he liked me (and I don't  think he was looking for sex considering that the only thing he attempted to do was put his arm around me and kiss me on the cheeck).. I am so confused and kinda hurt right now. I am so sick of being alone but now I am so ready to forget about dating all together.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beth5289
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Are you sure he sent the e-mail?

And if he did... he sounds totally messed up!! 

I hate dating too.   Just spent a year pining on a man who was deployed and a month before he returned from Iraq he broke things off with me.  It totally sucked and just drained me.

I am sorry you ended up with a bad apple.  It seems like there are so many out there.  Please don't let him get you down (if it was him).  I dunno what he's playing at, but if it's him with the multiple personality thing going on, his f-ed up stuff has nothing to do with you.

:: hugs :: mama!

Beth

sandytoshiko
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:46 AM

That's horrible. What a turn of events! I am sorry that happened to you. Did he get drunk on his way home? Have you heard anything from him since?

I hate dating too, but remember that this guy is not the norm!

monkymonstermom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I am a total bitch when something like that happens if you are sure he sent the email I would send him one back saying well I would have a twinkie but it seems to me you have had all them already. Since you said he was big. Don't give up hun there is someone out there for everyone you just have to kiss alot of frog to find your prince. I thought I found mine until I was misscarring his baby and found out his ex was at his house  when he said he was working so he couldn't come over. Then a week later found out he gave me clymidia.

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:54 AM

OMG I would be sooo mad. I think maybe an ex-girlfriend or girl friend he has now got into his email and sent that to you, due to being jeallous or something.

You should text him and ask him if it was really him.

emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I am 99% sure he sent the email. It came from his address and he lives with his dad and no one else. I don't think his dad would have done something like that. Plus I texted him and I was like "can you explain that email you sent this morning to me?" and he never responded and I replied to the email saying "what the heck is this about?" and he never responded. 

I know I shouldn't take it personal just becasue he is a ass but ever since I gained my weight and my ex broke up with me because in his words I wasn't sexually attractive anymore I have a low self esteem. I was just starting to feel better about myself but now I am feeling worse again :(

Quoting Beth5289:

I hate dating too.   Just spent a year pining on a man who was deployed and a month before he returned from Iraq he broke things off with me.  It totally sucked and just drained me.

I am sorry you ended up with a bad apple.  It seems like there are so many out there.  Please don't let him get you down (if it was him).  I dunno what he's playing at, but if it's him with the multiple personality thing going on, his f-ed up stuff has nothing to do with you.

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Well dont worry about him then, I know it hurt your feelings but there are lots of guys who like plus sized girls. I have co-workers double my size and lots of men try to talk to them.

If i was you I would send him a text saying " I'm just making sure it was you that sent that email, so I can move on to the next guy"

So you let him know he doesnt get to you and you have confidence.

Beth5289
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Ugh.  I am so sorry for you.  I know how you feel.  My ex used to say things about my weight too, so I know what the after effects feel like.  It's hard when someone who was supposed to love you unconditionally decides you aren't acceptable anymore (for weight).  Also it seems like there are so many men out there that seem to care about weight and what a woman looks like. It's very fusterating.

I wish I had some magic words.  I always hear there are men out there that are not obsessed with looks, but I haven't found one yet.  I also work with a majority of men and haven't heard anything like that from the men my age (some seem to get more understanding as they get older).  I want to give men the benefit of the doubt, but there just seem to be so many smucks to weed through.

Quoting emilysmom8:

I am 99% sure he sent the email. It came from his address and he lives with his dad and no one else. I don't think his dad would have done something like that. Plus I texted him and I was like "can you explain that email you sent this morning to me?" and he never responded and I replied to the email saying "what the heck is this about?" and he never responded. 

I know I shouldn't take it personal just becasue he is a ass but ever since I gained my weight and my ex broke up with me because in his words I wasn't sexually attractive anymore I have a low self esteem. I was just starting to feel better about myself but now I am feeling worse again :(

Quoting Beth5289:

Beth

emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Thanks for all the kind words ladies. I did send him a email asking why he changed his mind so fast, I also sent him a text message asking him why he "lead me on" andhe responded to the text asking what I was talking about.  I was like I am talking about the email you sent. He called me on the phone and was like what email? So I read it to him, he than told me he doesn't have internet at home (which I do remember when we first started talking he told me he only has internet at work not at home).  So I asked him if anyone had his passwords that could have sent it. He said his ex might have it. So he called her on 3-way (she didn't know I was on the phone) and when she answered he asked her if she was reading his emails and she was like "no I don't know what your talking about" so than he asked a few other questions (not about the email) than he said to he r "Oh btw I went on a date last night" (she would not have kown unless she read the email) and she was like "I know you did but I don't think she was for you".. So he told her that we caught her in the lie and he told her to stay the he** out of his life than he hung up on her. He told me that as of Monday morning he was going to close that email address and get a new one so she won't know what it is  

Beth5289
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Yay!  I am glad he didn't send the e-mail!  Sounds like he has some crazy ex drama though. 

Good luck mama!

Quoting emilysmom8:

Thanks for all the kind words ladies. I did send him a email asking why he changed his mind so fast, I also sent him a text message asking him why he "lead me on" andhe responded to the text asking what I was talking about.  I was like I am talking about the email you sent. He called me on the phone and was like what email? So I read it to him, he than told me he doesn't have internet at home (which I do remember when we first started talking he told me he only has internet at work not at home).  So I asked him if anyone had his passwords that could have sent it. He said his ex might have it. So he called her on 3-way (she didn't know I was on the phone) and when she answered he asked her if she was reading his emails and she was like "no I don't know what your talking about" so than he asked a few other questions (not about the email) than he said to he r "Oh btw I went on a date last night" (she would not have kown unless she read the email) and she was like "I know you did but I don't think she was for you".. So he told her that we caught her in the lie and he told her to stay the he** out of his life than he hung up on her. He told me that as of Monday morning he was going to close that email address and get a new one so she won't know what it is  

Beth

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:22 PM

good thats great!! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)