Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it when I speak to my DD I feel like I'm talking ot a brick wall.....?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

This is like everytime we talk we get into an arguement cause he doens't pay attention at all.  Like I'll tell him something and he wants to tell me to do it and I'm like it can't be done.  Like right now I called to see if he can make  FB or Myspace that way he can see the babies videos of her dancing at my aunts house in New yrs eve, and I'm explaining to him that I can't send them to him email cause there to large and wont load (I tried b4 I called him), so he's telling me to send it to his email after I explained to him that it wont go through "I swear its like I'm talking to myself when I talk to him"

Does this happen to anyone else???

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Beth5289
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I've had that problem before.  I eventually just ended up saying "it's on my facebook if you want to see it."  Ex never made an account, but I keep telling him where to find pics of DD.  He says "email it" I say "nope, I put it on the facebook because I don't have time to e-mail it to everyone".  He never did get an account, but I realized it's not my responsibility to make him take an interest in our daughter.  It's fusterating, but then I realize that non-interest in family is one of the reasons I divorced his sorry arse in the first place. 

I try to "bless it and release it" because I know I can't change him, that's why I divorced him.

You're doing it right mama.  Just keep on keepin' on.  I'm proud of you for continually offering him ways to take an interest in his daughter.  I know it's not easy.  Good job!

Beth

calgalmeg
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I'm a little confused- is it your boyfriend or ex that you're having trouble with?

May the best of your past be the worst of your future. 

Aidansmom213
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Quoting Beth5289:

I've had that problem before.  I eventually just ended up saying "it's on my facebook if you want to see it."  Ex never made an account, but I keep telling him where to find pics of DD.  He says "email it" I say "nope, I put it on the facebook because I don't have time to e-mail it to everyone".  He never did get an account, but I realized it's not my responsibility to make him take an interest in our daughter.  It's fusterating, but then I realize that non-interest in family is one of the reasons I divorced his sorry arse in the first place. 

I try to "bless it and release it" because I know I can't change him, that's why I divorced him.

You're doing it right mama.  Just keep on keepin' on.  I'm proud of you for continually offering him ways to take an interest in his daughter.  I know it's not easy.  Good job!

Right on!!!!

boricuababies
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Quoting calgalmeg:

I'm a little confused- is it your boyfriend or ex that you're having trouble with?

My daughters father aka the EX

boricuababies
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Quoting Beth5289:

o0o no Beth he ended calling me back to tell me he made a FB account..(I guess he had to ask his wife for permission...lol) So he ended up tagging himself in all the babies pictures that way he has them on his page :-)

Beth5289
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Quoting boricuababies:

Quoting Beth5289:

o0o no Beth he ended calling me back to tell me he made a FB account..(I guess he had to ask his wife for permission...lol) So he ended up tagging himself in all the babies pictures that way he has them on his page :-)

Ha!  Glad she blessed him with her permission to take an interest in his child... barf.  And he is tagging the pics for himself so he can show off what a great daddy he is...

Mine usually only takes an interest in DD if he's trying to show off what a great daddy he is for his girl friend of the moment.  Sad that I actually like when he has a g/f because he takes an interest in DD again. 

Anyway... I'm glad that your ex created a FB and got on board with the pic sharing.  Good Luck!

Beth

boricuababies
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Quoting Beth5289:

Quoting boricuababies:

Quoting Beth5289:

Ha!  Glad she blessed him with her permission to take an interest in his child... barf.  And he is tagging the pics for himself so he can show off what a great daddy he is...

Mine usually only takes an interest in DD if he's trying to show off what a great daddy he is for his girl friend of the moment.  Sad that I actually like when he has a g/f because he takes an interest in DD again. 

Anyway... I'm glad that your ex created a FB and got on board with the pic sharing.  Good Luck!

o0o no he's different he gets grf and he's mention his 3 older kids and not mine so I can careless.  but his kids are always asking for the baby so thats why he did one that way the kids can see there baby sister...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)