Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:07 PM
  • 4 Replies

hi i am amanda my daughter was diagnosed with stage 3 intermediate risk cancer on nov 4 2008. and we are now in remmision as of jul of 2009. wellwhen they took the tumor out they took all of her nerves to control her bladder so in jul 2009 she had a vessicostomy a soma to help her urinate on her own. so nowsence that surgery she has been getting mrsa and i think she has it again. i am so stressed last time she got it she was in the hospital for 4 days. does anybody have any advice.

amanda

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
single_and_preg
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I am so sorry you have to go through all of this, as well as your daughter!

I had MRSA while I was pregnant, I had to take 2 showers a day in a soap called hiba-cleanse, use ointment twice a day on the MRSA sore, bleach just about everything in my house because it lives in surfaces for so long.

Is the MRSA on a sore or is it in her blood. I know lots about it. I even knew more then the DR's did that were treating me for it, its a long story but in the end I was right and the DR's were wrong.

Alot of Dr's arent educated about MRSA so they arent sure what to do.

I had it for about 3 months before it completely went away, I never got it again, or anyone in my house. Also my baby didnt get it and when i delivered him I still had MRSA.

calgalmeg
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Oh hun I am so sorry about what you are going through.  I have never had to deal with a sick child so I cannot help you with that - I am familiar with dealing with stress.  Let go of the typical busy things you have to do that don't really HAVE to be done.  Just focus on finding happy moments for you and your LO.  Get help with the details as much as you can.  See if maybe you can stay at the hospital with her next time.  

May the best of your past be the worst of your future. 

Andrewsmom70
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Have you considered going to a different dr for another opinion?  That's where I'd start.

I really hope you can get it all worked out and your child well.

rinski555
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:35 PM

ya every time jaide goes to the hospital i do not leave

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)