Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Part 2.... what should i do

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my sisters husband introduced me to his friend...  but he lives in a different state 12 hrs away and is a single dad of 5 kids....  very nice though and has a good job, very good with his kids.  Just dont know if I could do the LDR thing....  dont know if i should try to work things out with bd or see what possibilities may lie wth this guy.  I just am not sure right now and  dont want to lead the new guy on.  i feel like my heart is with bd...  please advise.... 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Moniquemarie1
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Why not?  Make a new friend, have some fun.  It could progress to something, it may not.  You are not leading him on.  To date someone doesn't have to lead to a relationship. 

mjlicious
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I don't think that there is anything wrong with dating other people if you are single. As long as you both start the getting to know each other process knowing that we may just end up as friends there is nothing wrong with making new friends. And as I'm beginning to realize the easiest friends to talk to are the ones who "wear the same shoes".

tericared
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Yes why not...you never know there could be something there... 

jadenember
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:58 AM

just talk to him i guess... i mean do you really see a future with someone so far away? and i thought you still loved bd.... is your heart really open to something new? don't torture yourself, be honest with yourself. 

NewMom2010
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 2:20 PM

If your heart is with your child's father then you need to get that right first , I don't believe its smart to jump into something new when you have unresolved feelings elsewhere... If you two (the new guy and yourself) really hit it off then I would start off as friends first and make it very clear as to where you stand relationship wise this way he already knows up front and you won't be leading him on. ... good luck doll

tocreatefire
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 10:26 AM

sounds like a great guy to get to know though I wouldn't go looking for anything other friendship.

I would try working on your issues and fears so you can try and work on your relationship with your DD's Father. Most especially if he has not give you a completely in your  face 100% reason to kick him to the curb.  From your posts so far it doesn't seem like he has. Though you definitely need to start talking about things and what you both want and expect. From a relationship and each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)