Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single and alone! So lost!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:29 AM
  • 7 Replies

My name is Lynz.  And I get to be a single mom and I have no idea where to start!!!!!

I need some advice because I'm falling apart!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Honey- In order to help you.  We need more information.  I can't give advice or anything if I don't know the story.  I see from your profile that you are preggo.  

I'm glad you came here for help.  

I'm a 24 year old single mom to a 4 year old little boy!

greenlover
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Lynz it'll all work out.  I don't think any of us here planned on being single moms.  It is tough I'm not going to lie.  But at the same time we are moms and we become strong for our babies and they help get us through.  We are all here to help.  As the previous poster said if you give us more details we will be able to give you better advice.  You are stronger than you give yourself credit for.  You can do this!

VickTory
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:01 AM

More information would help and I hae raised my daughter as a single mom and now she is 20 years old so don't fret, it is doable, you just have to have confidence in yourself/

terry82380
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:14 AM

You can do this we have all been there. Take one day at a time

Let us know what is happens and may ne we can help.

You can do this and you must for your child

Terry

mommylynz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Ok, details.  When I got pregnant my boyfriend was very excited.  Well I have had a rough pregnancy....  Very sick.  So I have been unhappy.  So over the last three months we have grown apart.  All we do is fight.  I have  no job no car and no money and now I have no where to live.  HE told his friends he wanted to be single and when I asked him he didnt deny it.  SO I packed my stuff and had him take me to my grandmas.  Well because I choose to leave I am no longer welcome.  What other choice did I have, He now refuses to talk to me, All he will say is go to a physco. doctor a few times and then call me and will talk about it.  But im exhausted of being with you.  So pretty much it got tough and now he doesnt want anything to do with me but everything to do with the baby!  That is not fair.  He doesnt just get to show up for the baby and not me!  HE doesnt just get to be here for the good times and expect everyone else to take care of me during the rough times.

So lost!!!!!

mommylynz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Ok, details.  When I got pregnant my boyfriend was very excited.  Well I have had a rough pregnancy....  Very sick.  So I have been unhappy.  So over the last three months we have grown apart.  All we do is fight.  I have  no job no car and no money and now I have no where to live.  HE told his friends he wanted to be single and when I asked him he didnt deny it.  SO I packed my stuff and had him take me to my grandmas.  Well because I choose to leave I am no longer welcome.  What other choice did I have, He now refuses to talk to me, All he will say is go to a physco. doctor a few times and then call me and will talk about it.  But im exhausted of being with you.  So pretty much it got tough and now he doesnt want anything to do with me but everything to do with the baby!  That is not fair.  He doesnt just get to show up for the baby and not me!  HE doesnt just get to be here for the good times and expect everyone else to take care of me during the rough times.

So lost!!!!!

Bridger
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Sounds like he thought being a parent would be a picnic.  Its not.  Its the most rewarding job I have ever done but also the hardest, the one with the highest stakes and the greatest bonusses.

You will be ok.  Right now you have hormones going a mile a minute but you're not crazy! That was cruel of him to insinuate and shows his lack of knowledge about pregnancy.

My advice: walk away.  You don't need to take care of him acting like a spoiled child when you need to be focusing on caring for your baby.  You can do it.  One foot in front of the other. I would first get some emeergency help from the state, housing and food and healthcare. You will probably need that until you have the baby and are feeling well enough to get a job or go to school.  And again my advice.  When you can jump stright into work or school.  Don't let fear stop you.  You will be amazed at how much you can do.  Especially when you look into those little eyes that depend on you.

Take care. Hugs

Bridgette
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)