Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOW!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:16 AM
  • 24 Replies

Okay so I totally have to vent for a minute.

I made a post in another group about Anger and Divorce.  I can see where a lot of people would take offense to it.  

HOWEVER, the number of women who have said that they were dating their current boyfriend for years before getting divorced.........amazes me.  Was I the only person on earth who I dunno took marriage seriously???

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shauna71904
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I think marriage is very serious... Didn't read your other post, I think... however that is why I have refrained from the marriage situation. I think marriage is forever. A man's love however I sometimes question. Men act normally on quick instinct. Most not capable of saying NO. So I would not stay with a man capable of cheating, which most are... therefore there is a GOOD chance my marriage would end in divorce... since I see marriage as forever divorce is not an option, nor is being with a cheating man. So why put myself in a lose lose situation? ugh does that make any sense outside of my head?

AllNaturalMum
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:25 AM

I took my marraige very seriously, until my husband started being verbally abusive and neglectful. I was not allowed to spend any money (even though I was expected to do all the grocery shopping and care for his child from another woman), and I was expected to do all the housework and wait on him hand and foot.

We got into a huge fight, and he told me he would never change and if that's what I expected I should leave. I've been living with my mom for awhile now, and the divorce is taking quite awhile because he is being uncooperative with the entire thing. I've started dating again. I don't see the point in putting my life on hold because he wants to complicate matters with his b.s. and I don't see anything wrong with going out every now and again with a guy.

pregnancy calendar
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:25 AM

yep it sure does.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Quoting AllNaturalMum:

I took my marraige very seriously, until my husband started being verbally abusive and neglectful. I was not allowed to spend any money (even though I was expected to do all the grocery shopping and care for his child from another woman), and I was expected to do all the housework and wait on him hand and foot.

We got into a huge fight, and he told me he would never change and if that's what I expected I should leave. I've been living with my mom for awhile now, and the divorce is taking quite awhile because he is being uncooperative with the entire thing. I've started dating again. I don't see the point in putting my life on hold because he wants to complicate matters with his b.s. and I don't see anything wrong with going out every now and again with a guy.

i'm sorry that's a terrible situation to be in.  

they always do wanna complicate things.

AllNaturalMum
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Quoting happymommy1105:

Quoting AllNaturalMum:

Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's because he thinks if we are still married the baby has to have his last name. Little does he know, he's extremely ignorant and the child will have my maiden name.

pregnancy calendar
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Quoting AllNaturalMum:

Quoting happymommy1105:

Quoting AllNaturalMum:

Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's because he thinks if we are still married the baby has to have his last name. Little does he know, he's extremely ignorant and the child will have my maiden name.

men are so stupid sometimes.  they think they know things and in the end it bites them in the ass!!!

Kellyann365
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Quoting happymommy1105:.  Was I the only person on earth who I dunno took marriage seriously???

No ma'am you were not.  I was with my second husband for almost 10 years.  I stayed through everything until his drug use got the best of him....and me.  And I still never saw the need to cheat.  Better to end the one you have if that's the direction it's going before starting something new.  One cannot possibly be clear or level headed if they're juggling a struggling marriage and a new rebound love interest......maybe i'm wrong but I've never cheated on anyone and I'm to dang old to start now.  Been single now .....geezzz almost 12 years.  That's so sad  lol 

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Quoting Kellyann365:

Quoting happymommy1105:.  Was I the only person on earth who I dunno took marriage seriously???

No ma'am you were not.  I was with my second husband for almost 10 years.  I stayed through everything until his drug use got the best of him....and me.  And I still never saw the need to cheat.  Better to end the one you have if that's the direction it's going before starting something new.  One cannot possibly be clear or level headed if they're juggling a struggling marriage and a new rebound love interest......maybe i'm wrong but I've never cheated on anyone and I'm to dang old to start now.  Been single now .....geezzz almost 12 years.  That's so sad  lol 

i'm glad that we are on the same page!!! I"ve been single for about 19 months now.  I just started kinda sorta seeing somebody.

Kim24kids
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I take marriage very seriously!!! That said ..If he was physically,mentally or emotionally abusive that's a whole other story!

sandie66
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Well, I didn't read the original post, but I guess that would depend on the situation. I know a woman right now who has been trying to get a divorce for 3 years and her "husband" will not sign the papers. Is she not supposed to date because of that? Some people can be separated for years before they actually divorce so if they are dating while divorcing, I don't see a problem with it. If they are divorcing because of the boyfriend/infidelity that is a different story. That is why my husband is an ex. He cheated on me and left. And I filed for divorce. He wanted me to wait (I guess so he could be sure she would keep him), but I don't play that game.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)