Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Kinda Mad-Well, I'm Kinda SOMETHING

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

Visitation with children's family-I have a divorce from my kids' dad, but we have been seeing eachother on and off since the split two years ago, even having another baby last year who is four months old now.

He is allowed supervised visitation one weekend a month. Anyway, I've arranged for my four year old to visit his grammy/poppo and his dad (live next door to eachother) next weekend. My ex MIL called today and asked if by chance I would consider also letting my baby go. Ooooo, I don't think so was my reply.

I mean, I would feel uneasy about letting him go for the four days. It made me feel weird to get asked that. My ex started seeing someone else recently, while we were still seeing eachother, and now, obviously, it's not appropriate for me to make visits out there with the kids like we have done. I'd rather be with my baby around others who were going to care for him instead of just handing him over. Am I being overprotective? I don't feel like I am!

Anyway, I've really been working on not letting the fact that I don't have a relationship with their father anymore get in the way of them having a relationship with their father. Four year old loves Dad and loves his house.

That's all. Any feedback is appreciated.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kissybratzmom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I wouldn't send my 4 month old to spend the night anywhere! A baby that young needs their mother. I don't blame you one bit. Do they come over and see the baby at all, ,or do they just expect you to bring the baby over there?

Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:56 PM

that young, i wouldnt let my baby go over there either. DS was sleeping through the night by that time, but some kids arent and i know my BD would've thrown a fit- as well as other things- if DS ever woke up during his sleep and no one was around to take the baby. Maybe when he's about a year or 18 months old or something- but not now.

is it possible to just go over there, have the grandparents see the baby for a few hours and then leave?

wearing crown                  backpack
                                         Boo-Boo 
                                      10/15/2005
21 year old single mom of a 4 year old boy. Not sure exactly what kind of mom I am, but I get a chance to better myself everyday. My biggest goal for 2010 is to break out of my shell.

~~~ I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

idomatter
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

I wouldn't send my 4 month old to spend the night anywhere! A baby that young needs their mother. I don't blame you one bit. Do they come over and see the baby at all, ,or do they just expect you to bring the baby over there?

They don't come to see the baby-I've always been able to take the kids out there for a visit. That's why it's weird now. They'll visit baby this Friday for a few hours before they go back to San Antonio. We live 240 miles apart. It would be nice if we were all in the same town, but damn I love Houston and I hate San Antonio!

Oh, important detail: I live with my parents, and they are hardened to kids' dad and his family after the divorce. No place of my own forces me to go there-when I could.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:17 PM

i wouldn't send my 4 month old anywhere.  i keep my baby close to home though.  

calgalmeg
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Agreed 100% that child wouldn't leave my side for more than an hour or so.

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

It is never too late to be what you might have been.  - George Elliot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)