Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feels like crap...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

I dated a guy in the Army for a year and a half.  11 months of it he was overseas in Iraq.  A month before he was to come back, he dumped me.  This was the last weekend in Aug 2009.

He returned from Iraq the first week of Oct 2009. 

I just found out today that he is engaged.  He's only been back in the US for 4 months!

I wanted to marry this man.  I supported him through deployment.  I was completely in love with him.  I have still been struggling with missing him.  I have been doing my best to soldier on and get on with my life.  But this was a huge blow for me.  I had fooled myself into believing that he just wasn't ready to be married yet.  Couldn't commit, etc.  Now in less than four months, he's met someone and they are getting MARRIED. 

After everything, he just didn't love ME.

Sorry mamas.  I needed to vent it out.  I am feeling really down.

Beth

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
fulloflaughs
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Let it out girl!!  It's unfortunate when things like this happen, but you're probably better off without him.  I know that doesn't make you feel any better now, but it's the truth. 

adulation
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:09 PM

aww i'm sorry.  that really sucks.  a friend of mine has two kids by a guy who totally left her high and dry, never paid CS, moved to missouri and is married with a kid only a year younger than her youngest.  it's effed up and i couldn't imagine being in that situation.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:43 PM

That sucks.  

Ya know, sometimes they change when they are deployed.  Who knows maybe he changed so much that he wasn't the man you knew anymore?  Maybe he actually protected you from a really bad situation!

Beth5289
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Thanks for the support ladies.  I keep trying to think of the good things like good thing there was no unplanned pregnancy.  Good thing my 4 yr old DD didn't see him enough to be attached to him.  Good thing I didn't live with him or anything like that. 

But it still hurts that I wasn't "good enough" and this other woman, whom he has known for such a short time, is good enough.  Because I loved him.

You'd think I would know better by now.  What the hell was I thinking??

Beth

fulloflaughs
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Quoting Beth5289:

Thanks for the support ladies.  I keep trying to think of the good things like good thing there was no unplanned pregnancy.  Good thing my 4 yr old DD didn't see him enough to be attached to him.  Good thing I didn't live with him or anything like that. 

But it still hurts that I wasn't "good enough" and this other woman, whom he has known for such a short time, is good enough.  Because I loved him.

You'd think I would know better by now.  What the hell was I thinking??

I don't think it was you that wasn't good enough.  You supported him in one of the most important things he has probably ever done in his life.  You stood by him which shows your strength and compassion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)