Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I been trying to ignore this, but i feel kinda scared...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

Around 9 pm I heard gun-shots out the window, they sounded pretty close. About 15 minutes later a bunch of cops came pulling into our neighborhood. Its now close to 11:00 and I still see a cop car driving real slow behind my house with their spotlight on, going up and down the road like every 20 mintues.

We live in a very dark wooded area, and we live in the very back behind all the other neighbors, so its kinda secluded. So it makes me worried that the person might try to hideaway either in or close to our house.

Plus at 4 am I have to leave with my son to go to work, so i hope nothing happens to us. Every little noise i hear is making me worry, Omg if someone knocks on my door, I think I'll have a panic attack!!!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fulloflaughs
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:56 PM

How scary!  Call the non emergency number to your police department and explain the situation to them.  Ask them what is going on.  I'm sure they will tell you if there is something to be alarmed about. 

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Oh ok i wasnt sure if they would tell me...thats a good idea because yeah i been wondering what happened.

Quoting fulloflaughs:

How scary!  Call the non emergency number to your police department and explain the situation to them.  Ask them what is going on.  I'm sure they will tell you if there is something to be alarmed about. 

fulloflaughs
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Explain to them that you are a mom and you are concerned.  They may not tell you any details, but I'm sure they will at least tell you if there's something to worry about.

mommyboyz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Yes mam I would be calling you have the right to know and then at 300 am call them tell them you feel threaten & see if someone is avalible to come atleast to watch until you & your baby is safe in the car out of harms way. They get paid to do this and take care of the community so don't feel bad, keep us posted.

Quoting single_and_preg:

Oh ok i wasnt sure if they would tell me...thats a good idea because yeah i been wondering what happened.

Quoting fulloflaughs:

*Amanda*

american footballtoddler boy

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:06 PM

ok im going to call them now, I'll tell you wha the say.

MissouriMomm239
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Hi! I've been spooked before too.  I agree with the other moms.  Depending on what the police say, you could even see if they wanted to search your outside premises.  If anything to set your mind at ease that no one is hiding.  Hope all goes well.  It can be scary being alone at times. 

single_and_preg
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Thanks everyone! OK I called, she said there was an "incident" in my neighborhood, but they already arrested the person.

So I feel much better now!!! Thanks!

fulloflaughs
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Quoting single_and_preg:

Thanks everyone! OK I called, she said there was an "incident" in my neighborhood, but they already arrested the person.

So I feel much better now!!! Thanks!

Glad to hear it! 

MissouriMomm239
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:27 PM

happyGlad everything turned out well.  Sleep well.

Ewadun
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:10 AM

You might also wanna consider whether it's legal in your state for you to be able to carry pepper spray and/or a taser,  especially living where you live. At the very least, a policeman suggested I carry "oven spray."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)