Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Princess for a night...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

So my dear friend calls me up who I haven't talked to in forever.  He had gotten married and with him being in the Navy we just lost track of each other.  My friend saw him at Wal-mart a couple weeks ago and he asked for my number to call and see what was going on in my life.  He's getting divorced and I'm in an equally crappy situation with my boys' father. 

So he called today to ask me if I would do him the honor of joining him at the United States Navy Ball in March.  I've never been to anything like this and I know these are really super formal events.  Prom is the closest I've gotten to something like this.  

I know this sounds stupid but I'm just so excited.  We'll even have a limo to and from the ball.  I was like SHUT UP!  I said why me?  He said because you're one of the coolest girls I know and we've always had fun together so I thought we could go as friends since I don't have a wife to take anymore and you're still single.  

Made my day!

happy

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ewadun
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:12 AM

OMG, I'm excited for you. Have fun and do let us know what happened? Start searching for THAT dress girl.

good

RY2253
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Quoting Ewadun:

OMG, I'm excited for you. Have fun and do let us know what happened? Start searching for THAT dress girl.

good

I have no idea what to do.  He said it's full length ball gown.  One of my friends is a Marine Wife and she said Emerald Green would be in season then, but Navy dress is Dark Navy Blue...would that go?  She also said nothing foofy or frilly.  She's a fantastic shopper but she lives in North Carolina now!  

I need help finding the right dress!!

Singlemomks
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:56 AM

How fun for you! What a great time you are going to have!  

Join us on:

The Single Moms Group

Group Mod

FaerieMommie23
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:58 AM

That is awesome!

R.I.P Uncle Bruce

Shauna71904
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 10:21 AM

what size dress are you? I have a really pretty black ball gown... I will send pics this evening. i have been trying to get rid of it, can sell it and ship it for cheap... just to get it out of the closet.

Kim24kids
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 11:16 AM

That is AWESOME!! How Exciting=)) Have fun! 

Join us on The Toddler & Preschool Group! Group Mod

Join us onElementary School Kids - Group Mod

RY2253
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 3:35 AM

Quoting Shauna71904:

what size dress are you? I have a really pretty black ball gown... I will send pics this evening. i have been trying to get rid of it, can sell it and ship it for cheap... just to get it out of the closet.

Ya know I'm not really sure right now.  My guess would be an 8 or 10???  I just had a baby in November and I can pretty much fit into all my clothes again already but some are more snug than others.  When I got preg, most of my clothes hung on me, so everything seems tight right now.  

I have some dresses from weddings I've been in but nothing that will work for this.  I will have to try them on to see what size I am.  

Please do send pics!  I'd love to see the dress!  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)