• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think men really want more sex than women do?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

There's always these stereotypes out there, that men are pigs and just want sex, and there's this stigma out there so women are supposed to be all "virginal" and the smaller the numer of guys she's slept with the better.... but I think all of this is BS. I think women want to get laid just as much as men do. What do you think?

It seems like most women lie about their "number" and make it seem like they've been with less men than they really have. Personally, I could care less. If a guy thinks I'm a slut for sleeping with the same number of people that he has, then he isn't too intelligent and I wouldn't want to be with him anyway, right? Not that the past matters anyway. Not to me, anyway.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
X.boo.X
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:52 AM

i personally agree with you. i had my heart broken by a man that made me feel lesser than he because he was the third man i had slept with. after that, i decided that it would never happen again. i started going along with the jokes and leading folks believe what they find juicy (ya know the jokes, ex: i dont even catch their names, hit it and quit it, love em and leave em). untill i met the man of my dreams, he didnt care about what i may or may not have done and i never cared to know of his past. eventually, the important stuff came out in a pleasant manner, and nothing ill came of it. we're crazy for one another and i wouldnt have mattered if i had done all the crazy things i let people believe. 

but as for the question (ooops ;))

men DO NOT have a higher appetite for sex, women in this society have been brought up not to act like their openly tasteless, dirty, sex crazed counterparts (all though, they ARE the most fun :D )

calgalmeg
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:57 AM

My exs slept around more than I did but I sure wanted it more.  None of my exs were ever able to keep up with me in the bedroom.  Rather disappointing- there were lots of promises and talk about how much they wanted it- then when it came to having it... not so much.

As for numbers- I have no issue with who I have slept with - I love each of them and was old enough to take the consequences of sex were they to happen, to me that was reason enough to make the choices I did.  

The only judgements I've had from my first ex - he was ticked off because he wanted someone who'd slept around.  

It is never too late to be what you might have been.  - George Elliot

ProudSingleMum
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Well for me, No... don't think men want sex more than women. I'd say it is most likely even....

For me..>I'd have sex a couple times a day every day. BUT...I'm not going to just sleep around. Not my thing. I have no desire to have a 'high number'. I'm not interested in sex unless it involves a relationship. I can get myself off til then.

ProudSingleMum
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Same here. Seriously with my husband all he wanted was sex when we were dating, but as soon as we got married, he started screwing other poeple. I was like DUDE>..I'll do you non-stop if you want...but no...

Quoting calgalmeg:

My exs slept around more than I did but I sure wanted it more.  None of my exs were ever able to keep up with me in the bedroom.  Rather disappointing- there were lots of promises and talk about how much they wanted it- then when it came to having it... not so much.

As for numbers- I have no issue with who I have slept with - I love each of them and was old enough to take the consequences of sex were they to happen, to me that was reason enough to make the choices I did.  

The only judgements I've had from my first ex - he was ticked off because he wanted someone who'd slept around.  

lorenakoran
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 1:59 AM

I'm 39 and guys around my age talk big but when it comes down to it, well, they are usually all talk. I understand now why woman my age end up hooked up with younger guys.

I've had a few encounters of the married and divorced men my age kind. They all had stories about how their wives wouldn't have sex any more. That they always complained about being sick or a migraine so they were left on the couch with no one to indulge with. Violins please! Yeah, I believed them at first but I've clued in since. It's all made up to make you feel sorry for them and maybe even give out some as a donation. lol Often it turners out their wives are hornier than they are but the guys get a power surge feeling by getting it else where as well. Yeah, and it's so not fair cause if their wives started playing the field they would have a huge fit. But I don't get the wives of guys like that either cause most of them know that their husbands pray on divorcees. I mean, don't stay married to the guy unless you're gonna accept that he has mistresses for his ego. Yeah, it's messed up. Oh well!

Guys also seem to like you going down on them and then it's over. That's not really having sex.

Personally, I think I rank pretty high on the want sex scale. I'm single now and sometimes feel like I'm gonna die cause I'm not gettin any. Don't even mention dildos to me cause I don't feel like buying two, one to kiss and one for down there. And it's just not the same cuddling up with a dildo on the couch to watch a movie and make out. Well, not for me it isn't any way.

Sure men want it but men can be just a lot of talk too.

Brandyns87
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:04 AM

I think it depends on the people. Some people are more sexual than others. If a man is in his early 20's then he will probably be very sexual. If a woman is in her early 30's then she will probably be very sexual.

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on." - Tupac Shakur

calgalmeg
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:15 AM

I don't know- I have always been hyper-sexual at all ages.  I haven't noticed a difference in my desire in the last 15 years.  I heard that some people increase by 30 and I have to say I was really kind of worried about it but so far it's the same.

Quoting Brandyns87:

I think it depends on the people. Some people are more sexual than others. If a man is in his early 20's then he will probably be very sexual. If a woman is in her early 30's then she will probably be very sexual.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.  - George Elliot

truevalentine
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:37 AM

I suppose it depends on the individuals.  I know some women with pretty low sex drives and others that can't seem to be satiated, the same with men.  What a shame I haven't found an insatiatable man that wants to be insatiable with me!  The men I end up with never seem to want sex as often as me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)